From: David Ahern <dsahern@kernel.org>
To: Jan Luebbe <jluebbe@lasnet.de>,
	Robert Shearman <robertshearman@gmail.com>,
	Andy Roulin <aroulin@nvidia.com>
Cc: Mike Manning <mvrmanning@gmail.com>,
	"David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>,
	netdev@vger.kernel.org, regressions@lists.linux.dev,
	linux-kernel <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [REGRESSION] connection timeout with routes to VRF
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 07:27:58 -0600	[thread overview]

On 6/15/22 11:47 AM, Jan Luebbe wrote:
> On Sat, 2022-06-11 at 10:44 -0600, David Ahern wrote:
>> On 6/11/22 5:14 AM, Jan Luebbe wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> TL;DR: We think we have found a regression in the handling of VRF route
>>> leaking
>>> caused by "net: allow binding socket in a VRF when there's an unbound
>>> socket"
>>> (3c82a21f4320).
>>
>> This is the 3rd report in the past few months about this commit.

> Hmm, I've not been able to find other reports. Could you point me to them?

March of this year:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20220324171930.GA21272@EXT-6P2T573.localdomain/

Andy sent me an email offlist in May; same topic.

Hence you are the 3rd in 3 months.

>> Andy Roulin suggested the same fix to the same problem a few weeks back.
>> Let's do it along with a test case in fcnl-test.sh which covers all of
>> these vrf permutations.
>
> Thanks! I'd be happy to test any patch in our real setup.

as I said, Andy suggested the same fix as you. Feel free to submit as a
patch; would be best to get test cases added to the fcnal-test script.