--On Wednesday, August 13, 2003 01:24:31 AM -0400 Gene Heskett wrote: > Unrelated question: I've applied the 2.6 patches someone pointed me > at to the nvidia-linux-4496-pkg2 after figuring out how to get it to > unpack and leave itself behind, so x can be run on 2.6 now. But its > a 100% total crash to exit x by any method when using it that way. > > Has the patch been updated in the last couple of weeks to prevent that > now? It takes nearly half an hour to e2fsck a hundred gigs worth of > drives, and its going to bite me if I don't let the system settle > before I crash it to reboot, finishing the reboot with the hardware > reset button. > > Better yet, a fresh pointer to that site. > http://www.minion.de/ Works fine for me, as of 2.6.0-test1 (which is when I downloaded the patch). I don't get the crash on either of my systems (GeForce2Go P3 laptop and GeForce4 Athlon desktop). Andrew