From: "Brown, Len" <len.brown@intel.com>
To: "Tomasz Torcz" <zdzichu@irc.pl>
Cc: "LKML" <linux-kernel@vger.redhat.com>,
	<acpi-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: RE: 2.6.0-test4 - lost ACPI
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:58:00 -0400	[thread overview]

manually modifying ACPI_BLACKLIST_CUTOFF_YEAR and using acpi=force on
the cmdline should have the same effect.

pci=noacpi is also an option.  If it works, then it means you got burnt
by ACPI's PCI interrupt code.  We've had trouble with Award/VIA in this
area recently, so it wouldn't be surprising to have trouble with a
3-year old Award/VIA BIOS.  The puzzling thing is why ACPI enabled
worked for you before and doesn't work now.

I'd be interested in looking over a copy of your /proc/acpi/dsdt, or
even better, the output from acpidmp, which you can get from the pmtools
package here:
http://developer.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/downloads/pmtools-200107
30.tar.gz

Thanks,