Hi Jisheng, > > I want to understand if there is any functionality impact with this warning? > Because I'm afraid if the current changes are removed we might hit some > other issues (or older ones). We have to go through rigorous testing before > going ahead. > > Warning indicates there's something wrong in the code. Agree that the code is incorrect. Just wanted to understand if you had any functionality impact too. > > IMHO phy_mac_interrupt() and PHY_IGNORE_INTERRUPT is the correct > solution. If the phy_mac_interrupt() poll is fixed, I think maybe old issue > which commit cc89c323a30e want to fix won't exist. > I tried to reproduce the problem in PC environment but did not see the warnings. However, I tried your patch and did plug/unplug tests(rmmod/insmod continuously) and observed call traces from kernel. I don't see these traces without your patch. Attached log. Thanks, -Raghu