* SCSI Oops: Unable to handle kernel NULL ptr dereference
@ 2017-08-10 17:05 manday
From: manday @ 2017-08-10 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jejb, martin.petersen; +Cc: linux-scsi, linux-kernel

Hello,

I'd like to report this rare panic I experienced today. I've been on
4.12.3 since it was released and got this panic totally unexpected,
probably when terminating my WL compositor. I attach to this message a
capture of the screen. The problem occurred never before and never
after since, suggesting I will not be able to reproduce it easily.
Perhaps it means something to someone.

Linux air 4.12.3 #4 SMP Fri Jul 28 12:07:06 CEST 2017 x86_64 Intel(R)
Core(TM)i5-6267U CPU @ 2.90GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I don't know what additional information might be useful so if there
is anything else I should provide please tell me.

Best regards,
Cedric

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!

[-- Attachment #2: rsz_p8100658.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 158314 bytes --]

* Re: SCSI Oops: Unable to handle kernel NULL ptr dereference
@ 2017-08-10 17:38 ` Bart Van Assche
From: Bart Van Assche @ 2017-08-10 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manday, jejb, martin.petersen; +Cc: linux-scsi, linux-kernel

On 08/10/17 10:05, manday@openmail.cc wrote:
> I'd like to report this rare panic I experienced today. I've been on
> 4.12.3 since it was released and got this panic totally unexpected,
> probably when terminating my WL compositor. I attach to this message a
> capture of the screen. The problem occurred never before and never after
> since, suggesting I will not be able to reproduce it easily. Perhaps it
> means something to someone.
>
> Linux air 4.12.3 #4 SMP Fri Jul 28 12:07:06 CEST 2017 x86_64 Intel(R)
> Core(TM)i5-6267U CPU @ 2.90GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Hello Cedric,

A fix for this bug is available in kernel v4.12.4. Please upgrade your
kernel. See also
https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org/msg64543.html.

Bart.