On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 5:17 PM, Stas Sergeev wrote: > > I realize this patch may be good to have in general, but > breaking userspace without a single warning is a bit > discouraging. Seems like the old "we don't break userspace" > rule have gone. That rule hasn't gone anywhere. Does a plain revert just fix everything? Because if so, that's the right thing to do, and we can just re-visit this later. I don't understand why Andy and Ingo are even discussing this. What the f*ck, guys? Stas, can you verify that this actually fixes it? There's two different versions here: one that reverts *just* that one commit, and one that reverts the fs/gs changes too. Can you test them both? Linus