On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 3:09 AM, Martin van Es wrote: > > Best I can come up with now is try the next mainline that has all the > fixes and ideas in this thread incorporated. Would that be 3.19? Yes. I'm attaching a patch (very much experimental - it might introduce new problems rather than fix old ones) that might also be worth testing on top of 3.19. > I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Hey, so far nobody else has been able to pin this down either. It seems to be very timing-specific, and it's possible (even likely, considering DaveJ's adventures) that while you cannot trigger it with 3.16.7, it might be lurking there too, just not with the kind of timing that can trigger it on your machine. Which would explain the bisection trouble. It would have been wonderful if somebody had been able to really reproduce it truly reliably, but it seems to be very slippery. Linus