* Linux 4.6-rc2
@ 2016-04-03 14:26 Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2016-04-03 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

You all know the drill by now - another week, another rc. I'd say that
things look fairly normal at this point: it's not a big rc2, but
that's been true lately (rc3 tends to be a bit bigger - probably just
because it takes time for people to start noticing issues).

The patch statistics look fairly normal too: about half is drivers,
almost a quarter is architecture fixups, and the rest is mostly
networking and some documentation updates, but there's some core
kernel/mm/fs fixes in there too.

The shortlog is appended and gives a good flavor of the kinds of
changes we have.

Go out and test, nothing looks all that scary there.

               Linus

---

Adam Buchbinder (2):
      tile: Fix misspellings in comments.
      sparc: Fix misspellings in comments.

Al Viro (1):
      fix the braino in "namei: massage lookup_slow() to be usable by
lookup_one_len_unlocked()"

Alex Deucher (3):
      drm/radeon: add a dpm quirk for sapphire Dual-X R7 370 2G D5
      drm/radeon: add another R7 370 quirk
      drm/radeon: add a dpm quirk for all R7 370 parts

Alex Lyakas (2):
      btrfs: csum_tree_block: return proper errno value
      btrfs: do not write corrupted metadata blocks to disk

Alexander Duyck (3):
      ixgbe: Store VXLAN port number in network order
      ixgbe: Fix ATR so that it correctly handles IPv6 extension headers
      gro: Allow tunnel stacking in the case of FOU/GUE

Alexander Potapenko (1):
      mm, kasan: fix compilation for CONFIG_SLAB

Alexander Shishkin (1):
      perf/core: Don't leak event in the syscall error path

Alfredo Alvarez Fernandez (1):
      locking/lockdep: Print chain_key collision information

Andi Kleen (1):
      Make CONFIG_FHANDLE default y

Andres Freund (1):
      perf hists: Fix determination of a callchain node's childlessness

Andrew Price (1):
      dlm: config: Fix ENOMEM failures in make_cluster()

Anna-Maria Gleixner (2):
      s390/cpum_cf: Fix missing cpu hotplug notifier transition
      s390/cpum_sf: Fix cpu hotplug notifier transitions

Anton Blanchard (1):
      perf jit: genelf makes assumptions about endian

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (3):
      perf tests: Fix tarpkg build test error output redirection
      perf bench: Fix detached tarball building due to missing 'perf
bench memcpy' headers
      perf tools: Add missing initialization of perf_sample.cpumode in
synthesized samples

Arnd Bergmann (2):
      ide: icside: remove incorrect initconst annotation
      openvswitch: call only into reachable nf-nat code

Axel Lin (2):
      gpio: menz127: Drop lock field from struct men_z127_gpio
      gpio: xgene: Prevent NULL pointer dereference

Bjorn Andersson (1):
      MAINTAINERS: Add mailing list for remote processor subsystems

Bjorn Helgaas (1):
      netpoll: Fix extra refcount release in netpoll_cleanup()

Bjørn Mork (1):
      qmi_wwan: add "D-Link DWM-221 B1" device id

Bobi Mihalca (3):
      ALSA: hda - Asus N750JV external subwoofer fixup
      ALSA: hda - Fix white noise on Asus N750JV headphone
      ALSA: hda - Apply fix for white noise on Asus N550JV, too

Borislav Petkov (4):
      drm/amd: Beef up ACP Kconfig menu text
      x86/cpu: Get rid of compute_unit_id
      x86/Documentation: Start documenting x86 topology
      x86/thread_info: Merge two !__ASSEMBLY__ sections

Charles Keepax (1):
      net: macb: Only call GPIO functions if there is a valid GPIO

Chen Gang (1):
      include/linux/huge_mm.h: return NULL instead of false for
pmd_trans_huge_lock()

Chris Metcalf (3):
      tile kgdb: fix bug in copy to gdb regs, and optimize memset
      MAINTAINERS: update arch/tile maintainer email domain
      MAINTAINERS: update web link for tile architecture

Christoph Hellwig (3):
      target: remove ->fabric_cleanup_nodeacl
      target: initialize the nacl base CIT begfore init_nodeacl
      target: add a new add_wwn_groups fabrics method

Christophe Ricard (1):
      .mailmap: add Christophe Ricard

Colin Ian King (1):
      qed: initialize return rc to avoid returning garbage

Cosmin-Gabriel Samoila (1):
      Drivers: isdn: hisax: isac.c: Fix assignment and check into one
expression.

Cyrille Pitchen (2):
      net: macb: replace macb_writel() call by queue_writel() to
update queue ISR
      net: macb: remove BUG_ON() and reset the queue to handle RX errors

Dan Williams (1):
      x86, pmem: use memcpy_mcsafe() for memcpy_from_pmem()

Daniel Borkmann (3):
      bpf: add missing map_flags to bpf_map_show_fdinfo
      bpf: make padding in bpf_tunnel_key explicit
      tun, bpf: fix suspicious RCU usage in tun_{attach, detach}_filter

Daniel Vetter (1):
      drm/udl: Use unlocked gem unreferencing

Daniele Palmas (1):
      net: usb: cdc_ncm: adding Telit LE910 V2 mobile broadband card

Denys Vlasenko (1):
      uapi/linux/stddef.h: Provide __always_inline to userspace headers

Diego Viola (1):
      drivers/net/usb/plusb.c: Fix typo

Douglas Anderson (3):
      drm/rockchip: dw_hdmi: Call drm_encoder_cleanup() in error path
      drm/rockchip: vop: Fix vop crtc cleanup
      drm/rockchip: dw_hdmi: Don't call platform_set_drvdata()

Emil Tantilov (2):
      ixgbevf: fix error code path when setting MAC address
      ixgbe: make __ixgbe_setup_tc static

Eric Dumazet (1):
      ipv6: udp: fix UDP_MIB_IGNOREDMULTI updates

Fabio Estevam (1):
      fec: Do not access unexisting register in Coldfire

Florian Westphal (3):
      netfilter: x_tables: validate e->target_offset early
      netfilter: x_tables: make sure e->next_offset covers remaining blob size
      netfilter: x_tables: fix unconditional helper

Frederic Weisbecker (3):
      locking/atomic: Introduce atomic_fetch_or()
      timers/nohz: Convert tick dependency mask to atomic_t
      locking/atomic, sched: Unexport fetch_or()

Gerald Schaefer (1):
      s390/mm: handle PTE-mapped tail pages in fast gup

Giuseppe CAVALLARO (3):
      stmmac: fix TX normal DESC
      Revert "stmmac: Fix 'eth0: No PHY found' regression"
      stmmac: fix MDIO settings

Guenter Roeck (2):
      hwmon: (max1111) Return -ENODEV from max1111_read_channel if not
instantiated
      nios2: Replace fdt_translate_address with of_flat_dt_translate_address

Haishuang Yan (2):
      openvswitch: Use proper buffer size in nla_memcpy
      bridge: Allow set bridge ageing time when switchdev disabled

Harald Freudenberger (1):
      s390/crypto: provide correct file mode at device register.

Heiko Carstens (2):
      s390: add DEBUG_RODATA support
      s390: wire up preadv2/pwritev2 syscalls

Helge Deller (2):
      parisc: Fix SIGSYS signals in compat case
      parisc: Fix and enable seccomp filter support

Huang Rui (2):
      perf/x86: Move events_sysfs_show() outside CPU_SUP_INTEL
      x86/cpu: Add advanced power management bits

Hui Wang (1):
      ALSA: hda - fix front mic problem for a HP desktop

Jaedon Shin (1):
      net: phy: bcm7xxx: Add entries for Broadcom BCM7346 and BCM7362

James Morse (1):
      arm64: opcodes.h: Add arm big-endian config options before
including arm header

Jarno Rajahalme (1):
      openvswitch: Fix checking for new expected connections.

Jiri Kosina (2):
      btrfs: cleaner_kthread() doesn't need explicit freeze
      btrfs: transaction_kthread() is not freezable

Jisheng Zhang (5):
      net: mvpp2: replace MVPP2_CPU_D_CACHE_LINE_SIZE with L1_CACHE_BYTES
      net: mvneta: replace MVNETA_CPU_D_CACHE_LINE_SIZE with L1_CACHE_BYTES
      net: mvpp2: fix maybe-uninitialized warning
      net: mvpp2: use cache_line_size() to get cacheline size
      net: mvneta: use cache_line_size() to get cacheline size

Joe Perches (2):
      sparc: Convert naked unsigned uses to unsigned int
      MAINTAINERS: orangefs mailing list is subscribers-only

John Keeping (2):
      drm/rockchip: vop: fix crtc size in plane check
      drm/rockchip: cancel pending vblanks on close

Kees Cook (1):
      s390: disable postinit-readonly for now

Kejian Yan (1):
      net: hns: fix warning of passing zero to 'PTR_ERR'

Lino Sanfilippo (1):
      ravb: fix software timestamping

Linus Torvalds (3):
      Convert straggling drivers to new six-argument get_user_pages()
      v4l2-mc: avoid warning about unused variable
      Linux 4.6-rc2

Liping Zhang (1):
      netfilter: ipv4: fix NULL dereference

Lisheng (2):
      net: hns: fixed the setting and getting overtime bug
      net: hns: set-coalesce-usecs returns errno by dsaf.ko

Lucas Stach (1):
      mm/page_isolation: fix tracepoint to mirror check function behavior

Manish Chopra (1):
      qlge: Update version to 1.00.00.35

Marcelo Ricardo Leitner (1):
      sctp: really allow using GFP_KERNEL on sctp_packet_transmit

Marcin Wojtas (1):
      net: mvneta: fix changing MTU when using per-cpu processing

Mark Rustad (1):
      ixgbe: Use udelay to avoid sleeping while atomic

Martin Brandenburg (2):
      orangefs: don't put readdir slot twice
      orangefs: minimum userspace version is 2.9.3

Maruthi Srinivas Bayyavarapu (1):
      ALSA: hda: add AMD Polaris-10/11 AZ PCI IDs with proper driver caps

Masami Hiramatsu (1):
      MAINTAINERS: Update my email address

Matthew McClintock (2):
      clk: qcom: ipq4019: switch remaining defines to enums
      clk: qcom: ipq4019: add some fixed clocks for ddrppl and fepll

Michael Chan (3):
      bnxt_en: Implement proper firmware message padding.
      bnxt_en: Fix typo in bnxt_hwrm_set_pause_common().
      bnxt_en: Fix ethtool -a reporting.

Michal Hocko (1):
      oom, oom_reaper: do not enqueue task if it is on the oom_reaper_list head

Michel Dänzer (2):
      drm/radeon: Don't move pinned BOs
      drm/amdgpu: Don't move pinned BOs

Nadav Amit (2):
      x86/mm: TLB_REMOTE_SEND_IPI should count pages
      mm/rmap: batched invalidations should use existing api

Neil Zhang (1):
      mm/page_isolation.c: fix the function comments

Nicolai Stange (1):
      PKCS#7: pkcs7_validate_trust(): initialize the _trusted output argument

Nicolas Dichtel (2):
      switchdev: fix typo in comments/doc
      rtnl: fix msg size calculation in if_nlmsg_size()

Octavian Purdila (1):
      configfs: fix CONFIGFS_BIN_ATTR_[RW]O definitions

Oliver O'Halloran (1):
      powerpc/process: Fix altivec SPR not being saved

Pablo Neira Ayuso (2):
      netfilter: nfnetlink_queue: honor NFQA_CFG_F_FAIL_OPEN when
netlink unicast fails
      netfilter: x_tables: enforce nul-terminated table name from
getsockopt GET_ENTRIES

Patrick Uiterwijk (2):
      net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Introduce _mv88e6xxx_phy_page_{read, write}
      net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Clear the PDOWN bit on setup

Peter Zijlstra (4):
      x86/topology: Fix AMD core count
      perf/x86/amd: Cleanup Fam10h NB event constraints
      perf/core: Fix time tracking bug with multiplexing
      perf/x86/amd/ibs: Fix pmu::stop() nesting

Petri Gynther (2):
      net: bcmgenet: fix dev->stats.tx_bytes accounting
      net: bcmgenet: fix skb_len in bcmgenet_xmit_single()

Philipp Zabel (7):
      clk: mediatek: Make reset_control_ops const
      clk: mmp: Make reset_control_ops const
      clk: rockchip: Make reset_control_ops const
      clk: atlas7: Make reset_control_ops const
      clk: sunxi: Make reset_control_ops const
      clk: tegra: Make reset_control_ops const
      clk: qcom: Make reset_control_ops const

Pierre Morel (1):
      s390/pci: PCI function group 0 is valid for clp_query_pci_fn

Prashant Sreedharan (1):
      bnxt_en: Initialize CP doorbell value before ring allocation

Qianqian Xie (4):
      net: hns: fix a bug for cycle index
      net: hns: optimizate fmt of snprintf()
      net: hns: bug fix for return values
      net: hns: remove useless variable assignment and comment

Quentin Armitage (1):
      Fix returned tc and hoplimit values for route with IPv6 encapsulation

Rasmus Villemoes (1):
      net: sxgbe: fix error paths in sxgbe_platform_probe()

Rob Clark (3):
      drm/msm: fix bug after preclose removal
      drm/msm: fix typo in the !COMMON_CLK case
      drm/dp: move hw_mutex up the call stack

Sagi Grimberg (1):
      iser-target: Use ib_drain_qp

Sebastian Siewior (1):
      powerpc/mm: Fixup preempt underflow with huge pages

Sedat Dilek (1):
      tools/lib/lockdep: Fix unsupported 'basename -s' in run_tests.sh

Shannon Zhao (1):
      arm64: perf: Move PMU register related defines to asm/perf_event.h

Sheng Li (2):
      net: hns: optimizate irq proccess for HNS V2
      net: hns: bug fix about getting hilink status for HNS v2

Simon Guo (1):
      powerpc: Correct used_vsr comment

Sridhar Samudrala (3):
      ixgbe: fix error handling in TC cls_u32 offload routines
      ixgbe: Fix cls_u32 offload support for fields with masks
      ixgbe: Fix cls_u32 offload support for L4 ports

Srinivas Pandruvada (1):
      ACPI / processor: Request native thermal interrupt handling via _OSC

Stefan Assmann (2):
      ixgbe: call ndo_stop() instead of dev_close() when running
offline selftest
      ixgbevf: call ndo_stop() instead of dev_close() when running
offline selftest

Stefan Haberland (1):
      s390/dasd: reorder lcu and device lock

Sukadev Bhattiprolu (1):
      perf tools: Fix build break on powerpc

Takashi Iwai (1):
      ALSA: timer: Use mod_timer() for rearming the system timer

Takashi Sakamoto (2):
      ALSA: timer: fix gparams ioctl compatibility for different architectures
      ALSA: dice: fix memory leak when unplugging

Tomeu Vizoso (2):
      drm/rockchip: vop: Don't reject empty modesets
      drm/rockchip: vop: Disable planes when disabling CRTC

Tushar Dave (1):
      ixgbe: Fix for RAR0 not being set to default MAC addr

Vishwanath Pai (1):
      netfilter: ipset: fix race condition in ipset save, swap and delete

Vladimir Zapolskiy (2):
      remoteproc: st: fix check of syscon_regmap_lookup_by_phandle()
return value
      x86/cpufreq: Remove duplicated TDP MSR macro definitions

Vladis Dronov (1):
      ALSA: usb-audio: Fix double-free in error paths after
snd_usb_add_audio_stream() call

Will Deacon (1):
      arm64: defconfig: updates for 4.6

Wolfram Sang (1):
      ide: palm_bk3710: test clock rate to avoid division by 0

Xin Long (1):
      team: team should sync the port's uc/mc addrs when add a port

Xishi Qiu (1):
      mm: fix invalid node in alloc_migrate_target()

subashab@codeaurora.org (1):
      xfrm: Fix crash observed during device unregistration and decryption

* Re: Linux 4.6-rc2
@ 2016-04-03 15:48 ` Kirill A. Shutemov
From: Kirill A. Shutemov @ 2016-04-03 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Apr 03, 2016 at 09:26:03AM -0500, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> You all know the drill by now - another week, another rc. I'd say that
> things look fairly normal at this point: it's not a big rc2, but
> that's been true lately (rc3 tends to be a bit bigger - probably just
> because it takes time for people to start noticing issues).
>
> The patch statistics look fairly normal too: about half is drivers,
> almost a quarter is architecture fixups, and the rest is mostly
> networking and some documentation updates, but there's some core
> kernel/mm/fs fixes in there too.
>
> The shortlog is appended and gives a good flavor of the kinds of
> changes we have.
>
> Go out and test, nothing looks all that scary there.

Have you decided not to take mine PAGE_CACHE_* removal patchset[1] or just
missed it?

[1] http://lkml.kernel.org/r/1459513789-146254-1-git-send-email-kirill.shutemov@linux.intel.com

--
 Kirill A. Shutemov

* Re: Linux 4.6-rc2
@ 2016-04-03 15:55   ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2016-04-03 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Kirill A. Shutemov
<kirill@shutemov.name> wrote:

> Have you decided not to take mine PAGE_CACHE_* removal patchset[1] or just
> missed it?

I have it in my mailbox, and I had planned to do it just before rc2
and then I just forgot about it.

I'm just about to leave for the airport, so I probably will not get to
it until tomorrow, but if you still don't see it in 24 hours, ping me
and call me harebrained.

                Linus

* Re: Linux 4.6-rc2
@ 2016-04-04 18:02     ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2016-04-04 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 8:55 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> I'm just about to leave for the airport, so I probably will not get to
> it until tomorrow, but if you still don't see it in 24 hours, ping me
> and call me harebrained.

Ok, it's merged in my tree now, just going through the built tests
etc. So I hereby revoke your right to call me harebrained (although
technically it was more than 24 hours...)

Of course, new reasons to call me names come up almost daily, never fear.

                Linus