LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Linux 5.12-rc1
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 09:35:11 +0100

[ Please CC me I am not subscribed to LKML ]
[ Original post see [0] ]

Hi Linus,

Thanks for Linux v5.12-rc1 and all involved people.

[ Delayed merge-window ]

I wondered why there was approx. for 6 days no commits and got an
answer from an LWN posting "5.12 Merge window delayed".
Unsure, if there was a posting to LKML?

Anyway, if you are not able to make your work someone else should jump
in like Greg did once.
When Stephen could not do his work someone else jumped in and did the
Linux-next work.

There should be a clear communication and alternative workflow in such
situation.
Why not post such delays on <kernel.org> (if this is the official website)?

[ News - Clang-LTO ]

Always I read your "RC" announcement and would like to see some
pointers to interesting new stuff.
( I know "interesting" is very POV. )

Thanks for pointing to the several clean-ups in Linux v5.12-rc1.

As someone active on ClangBuiltLinux - we have now Clang-LTO support
for arm64 and x86-64.

Some issues I have seen and reported:

[ Issues - iwlwifi / iwldwm ]

I know of a call-trace for users of iwldwm device.
You will need "iwlwifi: avoid crash on unsupported debug collection"
patch (see [2]).

[ Issues -usb / xhci ]

I reported xhci-resets every 10min in "[xhci] usb 4-1: reset
SuperSpeed Gen 1 USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd" thread (see [3]).
No response, yet.

Some ideas and feedback from me, myself and I.

Have more fun!

Regards,
- Sedat -

[0] https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=161455865730695&w=2