From: Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com>
To: Borislav Petkov <bp@alien8.de>,
	Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com>, Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>,
	Wim Van Sebroeck <wim@iguana.be>, Ingo Molnar <mingo@redhat.com>,
	Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org>,
	linux-watchdog@vger.kernel.org, x86@kernel.org,
	LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	linux-next <linux-next@vger.kernel.org>,
	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>,
	Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: [next-20130227] kernel NULL pointer dereference [ watchdog | perf related ? ]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:14:04 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Borislav Petkov <bp@alien8.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 04:56:27PM +0100, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> Hmm, I am not very amused to read all this, really.
>>
>> If such fixes are around why aren't they applied quickly?
>
> Sedat, you need to relax a little. You're testing a linux next tree
> right during the merge window where patches are flying back and forth.
> Things like that can happen and you, if you're really willing to test
> such bleeding edge kernels, also would have to accept the fact that
> fixes don't magically appear where they have to in no time.
>
> I debugged an issue which apparently got fixed already but I'm not
> complaining. People are trying their best and screaming at them is not
> constructive. At all.

I am not screaming or whining... people should reflect a bit on the
patch workflow process?
Also, I am sure a patchwork-service especially for -next is helpful.

/me forgot to add a "call trace" to my 1st kernel checks.

     $ dmesg | egrep -i 'error|fail|warn|conflict|terminated|killed|call trace'

That's why I have overseen it.

> I'd suggest simply reporting the issue, maybe trying to debug it
> yourself and patiently waiting. I'm sure you can find anything else to
> do in the meantime :-)

Yupp, I had a coffee and two pieces of cake :-).