From: Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: Linux 5.8-rc6
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 10:16:51 +0200	[thread overview]

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 10:48 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 8:47 PM Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I wonder why there is a time gap between tagging v5.8-rc6 in [1]
> > (first) and [2] (15-16mins later).
> > Can you explain that?
>
> Usually I push to github and kernel.org at the same time.
>
> But every once in a while, my OTP token for kernel.org expires, and
> then I have to get my OPT token generator and update it and push
> again.
>
> So sometimes github ends up getting my pushes earlier, simply because
> it doesn't have quite the same kind of strict security checks.

Hi Linus,

OK, I understand.

You happen to know if I can configure in my ~/.gitconfig to pull
linux-git stuff from two repositories - check first git.kernel.org
then GitHub.

Some days ago GitHub had some maintenance issues and I was not able to pull.
Means I trust more the security and integrity concept of git.kernel.org.

To pull from GitHub - saved 15-16mins of my life-time - meant
15-16mins go earlier to sleep - as said I started my build 01:02a.m.
(German local-time).

Thanks.

Regards,
- Sedat -