LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Li Yang <leoyang.li@nxp.com>
To: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
Cc: arm@kernel.org, soc@kernel.org,
	"moderated list:ARM/FREESCALE IMX / MXC ARM ARCHITECTURE"
	<linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org>,
	lkml <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] soc/fsl drivers changes for next(v5.6)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:14:07 -0600

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 12:41 PM Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 04:19:11PM -0600, Li Yang wrote:
> > Hi soc maintainers,
> >
> > Please merge the following new changes for soc/fsl drivers.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Leo
> >

> > The following changes since commit e42617b825f8073569da76dc4510bfa019b1c35a:
> >
> >   Linux 5.5-rc1 (2019-12-08 14:57:55 -0800)
> >
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> >
> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/leo/linux.git tags/soc-fsl-next-v5.6
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to 6e62bd36e9ad85a22d92b1adce6a0336ea549733:
> >
> >   soc: fsl: qe: remove set but not used variable 'mm_gc' (2020-01-08 16:02:48 -0600)

> > NXP/FSL SoC driver updates for v5.6
> >
> > QUICC Engine drivers
> > - Improve the QE drivers to be compatible with ARM/ARM64/PPC64
> > architectures
> > - Various cleanups to the QE drivers
>
> This branch contains a cross-section of drivers, including those who are
> normally sent to other maintainers/subsystems. I don't see dependencies that
> make them a requirement/easier to merge through the SoC tree at this time --
> for example the ucc_uart driver updates are mostly independent cleanups.
>
> Am I missing some aspect here, or should those just be merged through
> drivers/tty as other driver changes there? At the very least, we expect drivers
> that aren't merged through the normal path to have acks from those maintainers.
>
> Mind following up on that? Thanks!

Hi Olof,

Some of the driver cleanups are dependent to core QE changes.  Some
maybe not but could have contextual dependency with other patches.  I
will be easier to have them all go in from the same place.  We have
collected the ack and confirmation from all the related maintainers.
For the ucc_uart it is not a formal ack.  Quoted the confirmation from
Greg below:

"On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 12:24:09PM +0100, Rasmus Villemoes wrote:
> On 13/11/2019 12.19, gregkh@linuxfoundation.org wrote:
> >
> > This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
> >
> >     serial: ucc_uart: explicitly include soc/fsl/cpm.h
>
> So, I was planning on having all 47 patches go through Li Yang's tree,
> I think it's easier that way. So if it's not too late, can you drop
> those six "serial: ucc_uart:" (numbered 28/47 through 33/47) patches
> and instead give your ok (not necessarily a formal ack if you don't
> have time to do a review) to Li Yang picking them up?

That's fine, all are now dropped from my tree.  Li Yang, feel free to
take them in your tree if you want to.

greg k-h"

Regards,
Leo