LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
* [amdgpu] ASSERT()'s in write_i2c*retimer_setting() functions
@ 2019-10-10 23:34 Gabriel C
From: Gabriel C @ 2019-10-10 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LKML, amd-gfx, Alex Deucher, Christian König; +Cc: Zeyu Fan, dri-devel

Hello,

I've built recently a new box with a Ryzen3 2200G APU.

Each time I plug in an HDMI cable ( to a TV or Monitor ),
or boot with HDMI connected a lot ASSERT()'s from
write_i2c*retimer_setting() functions are triggered.

I see the same on a Laptop with a Ryzen7 3750H with
hybrid GPU configuration.

Besides the noise in dmesg and the delay on boot,
everything is working fine. I cannot find anything wrong
or broken.

Since the write errors seem to not be fatal, I think a friendly message
would help more instead of flooding the dmesg with dumps while
everything is working properly.

Why is ASSERT() used there?

I have a dmesg from the Ryzen3 box with drm.debug and a snipped
from the Laptop ( not near me right now ) uploaded there:

https://crazy.dev.frugalware.org/amdgpu/

Please let me know if you need more information,
If needed I can upload a dmesg from the Laptop with drm.debug too.

Best Regards,

Gabriel C

only message in thread, back to index