From: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
To: "long.wanglong" <long.wanglong@huawei.com>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>,
	Russell King <linux@arm.linux.org.uk>,
	nico@linaro.org, Victor Kamensky <victor.kamensky@linaro.org>,
	"ben.dooks@codethink.co.uk" <ben.dooks@codethink.co.uk>,
	santosh.shilimkar@ti.com,
	Christopher Covington <cov@codeaurora.org>,
	arm-mail-list <linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org>
Subject: Re: [SMP BUG?] the return value of is_smp() is bug?
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 09:33:43 +0100	[thread overview]

On 4 September 2014 02:13, long.wanglong <long.wanglong@huawei.com> wrote:
> When i revert the commit bc41b8724f24, the secondary core can boot.
> The problem is that qemu doesn't provide emulation of the SCU base
> address register. When reading the SCU base, qemu just return 0.

You need to upgrade your QEMU -- we improved the emulation
of all our Cortex-A9 boards to make sure they set valid values
for the base address register, in order to fix exactly this regression.
QEMU 2.0 or later should work.

(As an aside, I think the Aegis quirk test is pretty ugly:
"base address happens to be set to zero" is not exactly
a very reliable way to identify a particular SoC. However
in this case QEMU was emulating real h/w insufficiently
accurately, so we fixed it.)

thanks
-- PMM