* cannot build with no-inline-functions
@ 2019-07-31 14:18 Mark Vegans
From: Mark Vegans @ 2019-07-31 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi *,
I'm analyzing the linux kernel via phasar static analyzer framework,
it basically takes as input an LLVM IR file.
For debugging reasons, I would like to compile the kernel without
inlined functions. I'm compiling the kernel by clang, so I tried to
specify the following compiler flags:

```
-fno-inline-functions
-O1
```

Those were specified via KCFLAGS keyword in the root Makefile, I
generated the compile_commands.json file as well where I can see that
those flags above were used for the building process.

Unfortunately it did not work as I wanted, in the resulting LLVM IR I
still see inlined functions.
Is it possible to avoid inlined functions for the whole kernel via a
compiler flag? or any other suggestions?

thanks,
cheers

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-07-31 14:18 UTC | newest]