On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 2:37 PM Matt Turner wrote: > > I'm not aware of a reason to keep a.out support on alpha. Hmm. I was looking at removing a.out support entirely, but it's actually fairly incestuous on alpha. For example, arch/alpha/boot/tools/objstrip.c very much has some a.out support in it. Maybe it can just be removed entirely. There's also an a.out.h include in arch/alpha/kernel/binfmt_loader.c. Finally, note that CONFIG_OSF4_COMPAT also no longer makes sense without a.out support. So this attached patch does not compile on alpha, but it's been many many years since I had an alpha to test with, so I'm stuck. Matt, can you fill in the details and complete this patch? Linus