From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
To: Chuck Lever III <chuck.lever@oracle.com>, NeilBrown <neilb@suse.de>
	Jeff Layton <jlayton@kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] nfsd changes for v6.7 (early)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 11:31:36 -1000	[thread overview]

On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 at 04:24, Chuck Lever III <chuck.lever@oracle.com> wrote:

> This release completes the SunRPC thread scheduler work that was
> begun in v6.6. The scheduler can now find an svc thread to wake in
> constant time and without a list walk. Thanks again to Neil Brown
> for this overhaul.

Btw, the "help" text for the new Kconfig option that this introduces
is just ridiculously bad.

I react to these things, because I keep telling people that our
Kconfig is one of the nastier parts to people just building and
testing their own kernels. Yes, you can start with whatever distro
default config, and build your own, and install it, but when people
then introduce new options and ask insane and unhelpful questions,
that scares off any sane person.

So Kconfig questions really need to make sense, and they need to have
help messages that are useful..

Honestly, that LWQ_TEST option probably fails both cases.  The
"testing" is a toy, and the Kconfig option is horrific. I literally
think that we would be better off removing that code. Any bug found by
that testv would be so fundamental as to not be worth testing for.

                 Linus