* [GIT PULL] devfreq next for v5.5
       [not found] <CGME20191107035701epcas1p237d69dd23f28fde1f52bfc4def529e92@epcas1p2.samsung.com>
@ 2019-11-07  4:02 ` Chanwoo Choi
From: Chanwoo Choi @ 2019-11-07  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@rjwysocki.net>
  Cc: linux-pm, Chanwoo Choi (samsung.com), 함명주,
	linux-kernel, Chanwoo Choi (samsung.com)

Dear Rafael,

This is devfreq-next pull request for v5.5-rc1. I add detailed description of
this pull request on the following tag. Please pull devfreq with following updates.
- tag name : devfreq-next-for-5.5

When pull the this pull request to linux-pm, auto-merging will happen.
Because of the change of the devfreq git information on patch[1] and
patch[2] add the additional information of exynos_ppmu.h.
But, when I tested it, the auto merging was completed without problem.
If the problem happen, I'll resend the pull request rebased on
the top of 'linux-next' branch instead of Linux 5.4-rc6.

[1] MAINTAINERS: Update myself as maintainer for DEVFREQ subsystem support
- https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm.git/commit/?h=linux-next&id=c389ec67b7f8e028438643c4af4bbff550192187

[2] include: dt-bindings: add Performance Monitoring Unit for Exynos
- https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/chanwoo/linux.git/commit/?h=devfreq-next&id=fcbd8037f7df694aa7bfb7ce82c0c7f5e53e7b7b

Best Regards,
Chanwoo Choi

The following changes since commit a99d8080aaf358d5d23581244e5da23b35e340b9:

  Linux 5.4-rc6 (2019-11-03 14:07:26 -0800)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/chanwoo/linux.git tags/devfreq-next-for-5.5

for you to fetch changes up to fee22854c0273569836de2039d9c432ea4df2cfc:

  PM / devfreq: tegra30: Tune up MCCPU boost-down coefficient (2019-11-06 12:04:01 +0900)

Update devfreq for 5.5

Detailed description for this pull request:
1. Update devfreq core
- Check NULL governor in available_governors_show sysfs in order to prevent
  showing the wrong governor information.
- Fix the race condition between devfreq_update_status() and trans_stat_show()
- Add new 'interrupt-driven' flag for devfreq goveror. Each devfreq driver can
  add the their own governor (NIVIDIA Tegra30 ACTMON governor) which is interrupt-driven
  governor. It needs to use the following sysfs interface to get the new polling
  interval in order to change the NVIDIA Tegra30 hardware's polling interval.
  : /sys/class/devfreq/devfreqX/polling_interval
  So, if 'interrupt-driven' flag of devfreq governor is 1, the devfreq governor
  is able to use the 'polling_interval' sysfs interface to get the new polling
  interval value. But, the devfreq core doesn't schedule out the polling work
  for this governor like NVIDIA Tegra30 ACTMON governor.

2. Update devfreq driver
- For exynos-bus.c, remove unused property from dt-binding documentation
- For tegra30-devfreq.c, update the internal behavior like fixing the overflow
  integer issue and clean-up code.

3. Update devfreq-event driver
- For exynos-ppmu.c, add exynos_ppmu.h dt-binding file for 'event-data-type' filed.
  and update dt-binging documentation. Also,  Fix minor coding style.

Dmitry Osipenko (18):
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Change irq type to unsigned int
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Keep interrupt disabled while governor is stopped
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Handle possible round-rate error
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Drop write-barrier
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Fix integer overflow on CPU's freq max out
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Use kHz units uniformly in the code
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Use CPUFreq notifier
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Move clk-notifier's registration to governor's start
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Reset boosting on startup
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Don't enable consecutive-down interrupt on startup
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Constify structs
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Include appropriate header
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Don't enable already enabled consecutive interrupts
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Disable consecutive interrupts when appropriate
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Use kHz units for dependency threshold
      PM / devfreq: Add new interrupt_driven flag for governors
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Support variable polling interval
      PM / devfreq: tegra30: Tune up MCCPU boost-down coefficient

Kamil Konieczny (1):
      dt-bindings: devfreq: exynos-bus: Remove unused property

Leonard Crestez (2):
      PM / devfreq: Check NULL governor in available_governors_show
      PM / devfreq: Lock devfreq in trans_stat_show

Lukasz Luba (2):
      include: dt-bindings: add Performance Monitoring Unit for Exynos
      Documentation: devicetree: add PPMU events description

Marek Szyprowski (1):
      PM / devfreq: exynos-ppmu: remove useless assignment

Matthias Kaehlcke (1):
      PM / devfreq: Make log message more explicit when devfreq device already exists

 .../bindings/devfreq/event/exynos-ppmu.txt         |  26 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/devfreq/exynos-bus.txt     |   2 -
 MAINTAINERS                                        |   1 +
 drivers/devfreq/devfreq.c                          |  33 +-
 drivers/devfreq/event/exynos-ppmu.c                |   1 -
 drivers/devfreq/governor.h                         |   3 +
 drivers/devfreq/tegra30-devfreq.c                  | 417 +++++++++++++++------
 include/dt-bindings/pmu/exynos_ppmu.h              |  25 ++
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/pmu/exynos_ppmu.h

* Re: [GIT PULL] devfreq next for v5.5
@ 2019-11-07 12:57   ` Rafael J. Wysocki
From: Rafael J. Wysocki @ 2019-11-07 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chanwoo Choi
  Cc: Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@rjwysocki.net>,
	linux-pm, Chanwoo Choi (samsung.com), 함명주,
	linux-kernel

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 4:57 AM Chanwoo Choi <cw00.choi@samsung.com> wrote:

> Dear Rafael,
>
> This is devfreq-next pull request for v5.5-rc1. I add detailed description of
> this pull request on the following tag. Please pull devfreq with following updates.
> - tag name : devfreq-next-for-5.5
>

> When pull the this pull request to linux-pm, auto-merging will happen.
> Because of the change of the devfreq git information on patch[1] and
> patch[2] add the additional information of exynos_ppmu.h.
> But, when I tested it, the auto merging was completed without problem.
> If the problem happen, I'll resend the pull request rebased on
> the top of 'linux-next' branch instead of Linux 5.4-rc6.
>
> [1] MAINTAINERS: Update myself as maintainer for DEVFREQ subsystem support
> - https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm.git/commit/?h=linux-next&id=c389ec67b7f8e028438643c4af4bbff550192187
>
> [2] include: dt-bindings: add Performance Monitoring Unit for Exynos
> - https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/chanwoo/linux.git/commit/?h=devfreq-next&id=fcbd8037f7df694aa7bfb7ce82c0c7f5e53e7b7b
>
> Best Regards,
> Chanwoo Choi
>

> The following changes since commit a99d8080aaf358d5d23581244e5da23b35e340b9:
>
>   Linux 5.4-rc6 (2019-11-03 14:07:26 -0800)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/chanwoo/linux.git tags/devfreq-next-for-5.5
>
> for you to fetch changes up to fee22854c0273569836de2039d9c432ea4df2cfc:
>
>   PM / devfreq: tegra30: Tune up MCCPU boost-down coefficient (2019-11-06 12:04:01 +0900)

> Update devfreq for 5.5
>
> Detailed description for this pull request:
> 1. Update devfreq core
> - Check NULL governor in available_governors_show sysfs in order to prevent
>   showing the wrong governor information.
> - Fix the race condition between devfreq_update_status() and trans_stat_show()
> - Add new 'interrupt-driven' flag for devfreq goveror. Each devfreq driver can
>   add the their own governor (NIVIDIA Tegra30 ACTMON governor) which is interrupt-driven
>   governor. It needs to use the following sysfs interface to get the new polling
>   interval in order to change the NVIDIA Tegra30 hardware's polling interval.
>   : /sys/class/devfreq/devfreqX/polling_interval
>   So, if 'interrupt-driven' flag of devfreq governor is 1, the devfreq governor
>   is able to use the 'polling_interval' sysfs interface to get the new polling
>   interval value. But, the devfreq core doesn't schedule out the polling work
>   for this governor like NVIDIA Tegra30 ACTMON governor.
>
> 2. Update devfreq driver
> - For exynos-bus.c, remove unused property from dt-binding documentation
> - For tegra30-devfreq.c, update the internal behavior like fixing the overflow
>   integer issue and clean-up code.
>
> 3. Update devfreq-event driver
> - For exynos-ppmu.c, add exynos_ppmu.h dt-binding file for 'event-data-type' filed.
>   and update dt-binging documentation. Also,  Fix minor coding style.

Pulled, and thanks a lot for the nice description of the contents,
much appreciated!

Also it has merged for me cleanly.

Thanks!