On Thu, 23 Jun 2022 at 19:21, Tycho Andersen wrote: > /* > - * Either request is already in userspace, or it was forced. > - * Wait it out. > + * Womp womp. We sent a request to userspace and now we're getting > + * killed. > */ > - wait_event(req->waitq, test_bit(FR_FINISHED, &req->flags)); You can't remove this, it's a crucial part of fuse request handling. Yes, it causes pain, but making *sent* requests killable is a lot more work. For one: need to duplicate caller's locking state (i_rwsem, ...) and move the request into a backround queue instead of just finishing it off immediately so that the shadow locking can be torn down when the reply actually arrives. This affects a lot of requests. Or we could special case FUSE_FLUSH, which doesn't have any locking. The reason force=true is needed for FUSE_FLUSH is because it affects posix lock state. Not waiting for the reply if the task is killed could have observable consequences, but my guess is that it's an uninteresting corner case and would not cause regressions in real life. Can you try the attached untested patch? Thanks, Miklos