Hi all, We were having issue with our userspace application which __sometimes__ result in high CPU sys usage at each execution. The high sys CPU usage persist until the application is killed. We simplified the application to just creating a timer and its handler then does nothing, but looping and sleeping for the timer to be triggered. With top, the CPU that running the application usually takes almost 0% for sys usage. But sometimes it will occupy certain amount of sys usage, up to 100% at most of the time on my embedded device. On my laptop, Intel Core i5-4200U, running Ubuntu 14.02.2, Linux 3.13.0-45-generic and 4.4.0-34-generic, the issue can be reproduced with lower sys usage (7~50%). The same can be reproduced with buildroot+vanilla kernel 4.7 and 3.13. Restart the application could temporarily fix the the issue, but there are chances to happen again. Googling found one issue that seems related, but no further action. Keystone II Linux: Random High CPU usage - userspace application using 1 full core - Linux forum - Linux - TI E2E Community http://e2e.ti.com/support/embedded/linux/f/354/p/433791/1553204 I've checked the /proc/timer_stats, /proc/interrupts, and perf, all the irq counter, timer counter, timer/irq event didn't show any abnormal value or useful clue. I'm looking forward for any suggestion desperately. Attached the test code and log, and script to detect the issue, which require dstat and taskset. Best Regards, Mac Lin