LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Plumbers session on GNU+LLVM collab?
@ 2020-07-09 19:43 Nick Desaulniers
From: Nick Desaulniers @ 2020-07-09 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Segher Boessenkool, Rasmus Villemoes, Ramana Radhakrishnan,
	Ramana Radhakrishnan
  Cc: clang-built-linux, Steven Rostedt, LKML

Hi Segher, Rasmus, and Ramana,
I am working on finalizing a proposal for an LLVM microconference at
plumbers, which is focusing on a lot of issues we currently face on
the LLVM side.

I'd really like to host a session with more GNU toolchain developers
to discuss collaboration more.

I was curious; are either of you planning on attending plumbers this year?

If so, would such a session be interesting enough for you to attend?

I was curious too, who else we should explicitly invite?  I ran a
quick set analysis on who's contributed to both kernel and
<toolchain>, and the list was much much bigger than I was expecting.
https://gist.github.com/nickdesaulniers/5330eea6f46dea93e7766bb03311d474
89 contributors to both linux and llvm
283 linux+gcc
159 linux+binutils
(No one to all four yet...also, not super scientific, since I'm using
name+email for the set, and emails change. Point being I don't want to
explicitly invite hundreds of people)

The details of the MC are still being worked out, and it might not
happen, but I think with more explicit interest it's likely.
~Nick Desaulniers

* Re: Plumbers session on GNU+LLVM collab?
@ 2020-07-10 22:55 ` Fangrui Song
From: Fangrui Song @ 2020-07-10 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Desaulniers
  Cc: Segher Boessenkool, Rasmus Villemoes, Ramana Radhakrishnan,
	Ramana Radhakrishnan, clang-built-linux, Steven Rostedt, LKML

On 2020-07-09, 'Nick Desaulniers' via Clang Built Linux wrote:
>Hi Segher, Rasmus, and Ramana,
>I am working on finalizing a proposal for an LLVM microconference at
>plumbers, which is focusing on a lot of issues we currently face on
>the LLVM side.
>
>I'd really like to host a session with more GNU toolchain developers
>to discuss collaboration more.
>
>I was curious; are either of you planning on attending plumbers this year?
>
>If so, would such a session be interesting enough for you to attend?

Looks like a good idea. I am interested.

Perhaps Tom Stellard, Jeremy Bennett, Nathan Sidwell and Iain Sandoe have some ideas.
They have a talk about GCC/LLVM collaboration
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/cauldron2019#cauldron2019talks.GCC_LLVM_Collaboration_BoF

Might be worth sending an email to gcc@gcc.gnu.org as well.

This month's archive: https://sourceware.org/pipermail/gcc/2020-July/