On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Cong Wang wrote: > On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Paul Moore wrote: >> Thanks for the report, this is the only one like it that I've seen. >> I'm looking at the code in Linus' tree and I'm not seeing anything >> obvious ... looking at the trace above it appears that the problem is >> when get_net() goes to bump the refcount and the passed net pointer is >> NULL; unless I'm missing something, the only way this would happen in >> kauditd_thread() is if the auditd_conn.pid value is non-zero but the >> auditd_conn.net pointer is NULL. >> >> That shouldn't happen. >> > > Looking at the code that reads/writes the global auditd_conn, > I don't see how it even works with RCU+spinlock, RCU plays > with pointers and you have to make a copy as its name implies. > But it looks like you simply use RCU+spinlock as a traditional > rwlock, it doesn't work. The attached patch seems working for me, I tried to boot my VM for 4 times, so far no crash or warning. Please let me know if it looks reasonable to you.