* BPI-M2 Ultra boot hang, with linux-next
@ 2018-07-18  7:40 Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2018-07-18  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jernej Skrabec, Maxime Ripard, Chen-Yu Tsai
  Cc: linux-sunxi, devicetree, inux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel

I'm observing boot hang 'Starting kernel..." with BPI-M2 Ultra,
disabling de2 status on dts seems booting.

Was it an existing issue or did I miss anything?

Jagan.

--
Jagan Teki
Senior Linux Kernel Engineer | Amarula Solutions

* Re: BPI-M2 Ultra boot hang, with linux-next
@ 2018-08-13 11:05 ` Chen-Yu Tsai
From: Chen-Yu Tsai @ 2018-08-13 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jagan Teki
  Cc: Jernej Skrabec, Maxime Ripard, linux-sunxi, devicetree,
	inux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 3:40 PM, Jagan Teki <jagan@amarulasolutions.com> wrote:
> I'm observing boot hang 'Starting kernel..." with BPI-M2 Ultra,
> disabling de2 status on dts seems booting.
>
> Was it an existing issue or did I miss anything?

A few of the R40 DRM patches didn't make it in with the others. Right
now the DRM driver doesn't know how to parse the R40's complicated
display pipeline graph, and it crashes.

ChenYu