From: Alan Tull <atull@kernel.org>
To: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
Cc: Frank Rowand <frowand.list@gmail.com>,
	Rob Herring <robh+dt@kernel.org>,
	Pantelis Antoniou <pantelis.antoniou@konsulko.com>,
	Michael Ellerman <mpe@ellerman.id.au>,
	Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>,
	Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>,
	Moritz Fischer <mdf@kernel.org>,
	"devicetree@vger.kernel.org" <devicetree@vger.kernel.org>,
	"linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	linuxppc-dev <linuxppc-dev@lists.ozlabs.org>,
	linux-fpga@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] of: overlay: validation checks, subsequent fixes for v20 -- correction: v4.20
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 14:43:48 -0600	[thread overview]

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 1:13 PM Greg Kroah-Hartman
<gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 12:41:40PM -0600, Alan Tull wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 12:58 AM Frank Rowand <frowand.list@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > What LTSI's are these patches likely to end up in?  Just to be clear,
> > I'm not pushing for any specific answer, I just want to know what to
> > expect.
>
> I have no idea what you are asking here.
>
> What patches?

I probably should have asked my question *below* the pertinent context
of the the 17 patches listed in the pull request, which was:

>       of: overlay: add tests to validate kfrees from overlay removal
>       of: overlay: add missing of_node_put() after add new node to changeset
>       of: overlay: add missing of_node_get() in __of_attach_node_sysfs
>       powerpc/pseries: add of_node_put() in dlpar_detach_node()
>       of: overlay: use prop add changeset entry for property in new nodes
>       of: overlay: do not duplicate properties from overlay for new nodes
>       of: overlay: reorder fields in struct fragment
>       of: overlay: validate overlay properties #address-cells and #size-cells
>       of: overlay: make all pr_debug() and pr_err() messages unique
>       of: overlay: test case of two fragments adding same node
>       of: overlay: check prevents multiple fragments add or delete same node
>       of: overlay: check prevents multiple fragments touching same property
>       of: unittest: remove unused of_unittest_apply_overlay() argument
>       of: overlay: set node fields from properties when add new overlay node
>       of: unittest: allow base devicetree to have symbol metadata
>       of: unittest: find overlays[] entry by name instead of index
>       of: unittest: initialize args before calling of_*parse_*()

> What is "LTSI's"?

I have recently seen some of devicetree patches being picked up for
the 4.20 stable-queue.  That seemed to suggest that some, but not all
of these will end up in the next LTS release.  Also I was wondering if
any of this is likely to get backported to LTSI-4.14.

> confused,

Yes, and now I'm confused about the confusion.  Sorry for spreading confusion.

Alan