* Asus VivoBook Flip TP202NA-EH012T EMMC problem
@ 2019-08-31  9:43 Óvári
From: Óvári @ 2019-08-31  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Hunter, Ulf Hansson, linux-mmc, linux-kernel

Hello,

As per https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1818407/comments/26 here is an email.

Information is provided at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1818407/comments/32

Please advise what else you require.

Thank you

Óvári

* Re: Asus VivoBook Flip TP202NA-EH012T EMMC problem
@ 2019-09-04  9:33 ` Ulf Hansson
       [not found]   ` <5e787d78-1489-dde8-41bb-b22ce011599d@zoho.com>
From: Ulf Hansson @ 2019-09-04  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óvári, Kai Heng Feng

+ Kai Heng Feng

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 at 11:43, Óvári <ovari123@zoho.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As per https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1818407/comments/26 here is an email.
>
> Information is provided at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1818407/comments/32
>
> Please advise what else you require.

Future wise, rather than solely sending links to bugreports, please
copy the relevant data into the email. Moreover, we don't normally
care that much about "old" kernels, unless problems exists on the
latest kernels as well.

Anyway, by following the above links, I figured this is about
sdhci-pci and you get a CRC problem when switching to HS400 mode.

[ 3.673358] mmc0: error -84 whilst initialising MMC card
[ 3.808029] mmc0: mmc_select_hs400 failed, error -84

A wild shot is to try out my fixes branch, which holds the following
below queued fix, that might solve the problem if it's a regression.

commit 8ad8e02c2fa70cfddc1ded53ba9001c9d444075d
Author: Jan Kaisrlik <ja.kaisrlik@gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Aug 20 13:42:29 2019 +0200
Revert "mmc: core: do not retry CMD6 in __mmc_switch()"

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ulfh/mmc.git fixes

Kind regards
Uffe

@ 2019-09-05  7:19     ` Ulf Hansson
From: Ulf Hansson @ 2019-09-05  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óvári

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 at 23:09, Óvári <ovari123@zoho.com> wrote:

> Hi Uffe,
>
> Thank you for your email.
>
> Which version of the linux kernel would your patch land in?
>
> We are not experienced with git nor gpg.
>
> Is there a *.deb file with your patch that we can
> sudo dpkg -i *.deb
> with the live session of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 64-bit/Linux Mint 19.x to replace the kernel on the bootable USB stick?
>
> Would this scenario be helpful if we:
>
> 1. Download the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/Linux Mint 19.x iso
>
> 2. Create a USB Bootable stick from the iso
>
> 3. Live boot the USB stick
>
> 4. Replace the kernel on the USB bootable stick with the required kernel (would need your help/instructions on how to do achieve this)
>
> 5. Boot a live session from the USB stick on the production computer and extract the reports, error and otherwise, you require.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Steps 1-4 could be done on any computer.
>
> Step 5 would be done on the production computer.
>
> Would this work?
>
> Thank you
>
> Óvári

Hi Ovari,

I am sorry to disappoint you, but I simply don't have the bandwidth of
time to guide on this path. Perhaps look at the Ubuntu forums, I am
sure there is guide somewhere.

[...]

Kind regards
Uffe