From: Loic PALLARDY <loic.pallardy@st.com>
To: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>, Suman Anna <s-anna@ti.com>
Cc: "linux-remoteproc@vger.kernel.org"
Subject: RE: Ongoing remoteproc discussions
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 12:24:22 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Bjorn, Suman,

In ST, in general we have a driver on the top of remoteproc to control rproc activities (set fw name, boot, shutdown...).
The request was to have the same behavior between rproc with and without rpmsg.
With rpmsg, a rproc is automatically boot and so if on the top driver wants to apply same boot sequence (rproc_set_fw_name, rproc_boot, rproc_shutdown), rproc_shutdown will never happened as rproc_boot called twice (one by on the top driver, one by "rpmsg").

So the proposal was to have autoboot capability linked to the rproc itself, not to the communication link.

Regards,
Loic
[...]