* Re: [Lse-tech] Hyperthreading performance on 2.4.19 and 2.5.32
@ 2002-09-17 21:22 Duc Vianney
From: Duc Vianney @ 2002-09-17 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy.Dunlap; +Cc: linux-kernel, lse-tech

>HT enabled with 'noht' ??
>'noht' means "no HT", "no hyperthreading", disabled.

OOPS .. typing too fast .. 'noht' means not-enabled.
HT is the default option on 2.4.19.

Duc.

"Randy.Dunlap" <rddunlap@osdl.org> on 09/17/2002 03:35:53 PM

To:    Duc Vianney/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc:    <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>, <lse-tech@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject:    Re: [Lse-tech] Hyperthreading performance on 2.4.19 and 2.5.32

--
~Randy

* Re: [Lse-tech] Hyperthreading performance on 2.4.19 and 2.5.32
@ 2002-09-17 20:49 Duc Vianney
From: Duc Vianney @ 2002-09-17 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin J. Bligh; +Cc: linux-kernel, lse-tech

>What happened to the -38% degradation you found? That seems to have
>fallen off the results list for some reason ... did you fix it, or is it
still >there?

Martin ... Thanks for pointing it out.
The -38% degradation was seen on Sync Random Disk Writes, Sync
Sequential Disk Writes, and Sync Disk Copies observed from the
AIM9 bencmark running in Single User test mode. The degradation
is still there and I will investigate it later when we have the
hardware resource back.

Thanks ... Duc.

"Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@aracnet.com>@lists.sourceforge.net on 09/17/2002
03:05:35 PM