From: ross.alexander@uk.neceur.com
To: Brad House <brad@mcve.com>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: nforce2 stability on 2.6.0-test5 and 2.6.0-test9
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:35:14 +0000	[thread overview]

Brad,

My problem is one of the infamous nforce2 hardlockups.  You don't get any
kernel panic or anything that useful.  The system just locks up completely
and has to be manually reset.

The problem is known to associate with IDE activity and is thought (as far
as I know) to originate somewhere in the IDE driver.

Cheers,

Ross

Ross Alexander                           "We demand clearly defined
MIS - NEC Europe Limited            boundaries of uncertainty and
Work ph: +44 20 8752 3394         doubt."

Brad House <brad@mcve.com>
10/29/2003 02:13 PM

        To:     ross.alexander@uk.neceur.com
        cc:     Brad House <brad_mssw@gentoo.org>,
linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
        Subject:        Re: nforce2 stability on 2.6.0-test5 and
2.6.0-test9

Hmm, interesting. The patches I submitted were strictly
for IDE/ATA133 improvements, apparently your problems don't
lie there.  I'd assume this was a kernel panic you had, any
output available that would tell you where it paniced ?

-Brad