* Re: Linux 2.4.5-ac14
@ 2001-06-15  2:33 Dieter Nützel
From: Dieter Nützel @ 2001-06-15  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Cox; +Cc: Linux Kernel List

Hello Alan,

I see 4.29 GB under shm with your latest try.
something wrong?

Regards,
	Dieter

SunWave1>cat /proc/meminfo
        total:    used:    free:  shared: buffers:  cached:
Mem:  327802880 322592768  5210112 4294184960  8417280 253640704
Swap: 1052794880 95768576 957026304
MemTotal:       320120 kB
MemFree:          5088 kB
MemShared:    4294966532 kB
Buffers:          8220 kB
Cached:         247696 kB
Active:         228008 kB
Inact_dirty:     24552 kB
Inact_clean:      2592 kB
Inact_target:      468 kB
HighTotal:           0 kB
HighFree:            0 kB
LowTotal:       320120 kB
LowFree:          5088 kB
SwapTotal:     1028120 kB
SwapFree:       934596 kB

* Linux 2.4.5-ac14
@ 2001-06-14 22:44 Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2001-06-14 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

	ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/2.4/

		 Intermediate diffs are available from
			http://www.bzimage.org

In terms of going through the code audit almost all the sound drivers still
need fixing to lock against format changes during a read/write. Poll creating
and starting a buffer as write does and also mmap during write, write during
an mmap.

2.4.5-ac14
o	Fix oops on command abort on aha152x		(me)
	| This so far is only a partial fix
o	Switch to unlazy swap cache free up		(Marcelo Tosatti)
o	Page launder changes				(Rik van Riel)
o	Remove dead irda irlap compression code		(Dag Brattli)
o	Fix bug where init/main.c executes freed code	(Hans-Peter Nilsson)
o	Fix ramfs accounting. truncate/freepage hook	(Christoph Rohland)
o	Add MTWEOF ioctl to parallel tape		(Russ Ingram)
o	Add driver for CATC based USB ethernet		(Vojtech Pavlik)
o	Update cris architecture code			(Bjorn Wesen)
o	Clean up reiserfs tail->full page convert	(Chris Mason)
o	Clean up lp init, fix lp= option handling	(Tim Waugh)
o	Don't panic on out of memory during ps/2 setup	(Andrey Panin)
o	Initialise vc_cons objects in full		(Richard Hirst)
o	Futher Configure.help resync			(Eric Raymond)
o	Fix misdeclaration of xtime			(Petr Vandrovec)
o	Add yet more sb variants			(Andrey Panin)
o	Fix bogus VIA warning triggers (I hope)		(me)
o	Fix 3c509 symbols when building nonpnp		(Keith Owens)
o	Make pid on core dump configurable		(Ben LaHaise)

2.4.5-ac13
o	Fix i2o_block to use invalidate_device		(me)
o	Fix viodasd to use invalidate_device		(me)
o	Fix missing ipc alloc check			(Manfred Spraul)
o	Use skb_purge_queue in isdn			(Kai Germaschewski)
o	Fix epic100 printk error			(Francois Romieu)
o	Resync with master Configure.help		(Eric Raymond)
o	Avoid oops when reading swap proc during swapon	(Paul Menage)
o	Sony pi driver update				(Stelian Pop)
o	Sony motioneye camera driver			(Stelian Pop,
							 Andrew Tridgell)
o	Fix eepro100 access by user to some registers	(Andrey Savochkin)
o	Small APM real mode reboot clean ups		(Stephen Rothwell)
o	Fix isofs buffer leak on invalid iocharset	(Tachino Nobuhiro)
o	Fix default encoding on pwc videocam		(Mark Cooke)
o	Clean up FAT further, fix endian bug, and times	(OGAWA Hirofumi)
	before 1/1/1980
o	Support combo parallel/serial PCI cards		(Tim Waugh)
o	CS46xx mmap oops fix				(me)

2.4.5-ac12
o	Report apic timer vector in hex too		(Philip Pokorny)
	| With 0x in front so we can tell on reports..
o	Report card services differently if kernel	(Jeff Garzik)
o	Don't terminate init on sysrq			(Adam Slattery)
	unless forced
o	Add more pci wrappers when PCI is off		(Jeff Garzik)
o	Remove 4K object from the stack in emu10k1	(me)
o	Remove 3.5K object from the i2o_proc stack	(me)
o	Remove 3K object from the ewrk3 ioctl stack	(me)
o	Fix bugs in the es1371 locking			(me)
o	Fix ohci iso alignments				(Roman Weissgaerber)
o	Updated megaraid driver				(Atul Mukker)
	| In paticular this now uses the new PCI api

2.4.5-ac11
o	Fix the megaraid driver ioctl check		(me)
o	Fix the moxa ioctl checks			(me)
o	Fix the i810 dri length check			(me)
o	Fix array check in se401.c			(me)
o	Fix scc irq array problems			(me)
o	Fix sign check on zr36120			(me)
o	Fix sign check in raw driver			(me)
o	Fix zr36067 array size check			(me)
	| All the above from the Stanford checker
o	Fix an irq order assumption in the i810 audio	(Doug Ledford)
o	Make real mode poweroff configurable and also	(Arjan van de Ven)
	add DMI entries for it
o	Clean up Alpha oops reporting			(Will Woods)
o	Fix ia64 build bug from mmap change		(Bill Nottingham)
o	Fix sysinfo padding so m68k comes out right	(Jes Sorensen)
o	Update pci ids related to ide devices		(Andre Hedrick)
o	Update ide registers/ioctl numbers/info		(Andre Hedrick)
o	Fix speed detection on slc90e66			(Andre Hedrick)
o	Update promise IDE driver			(Andre Hedrick)
o	osb4 becomes generic serverworks ide driver	(Andre Hedrick)
o	Use new inits on ide_tape, add a reinit		(Andre Hedrick)
o	Use new inits on ide_floppy add a reinit	(Andre Hedrick)
o	Add amd74xx ide driver				(Andre Hedrick)
o	Tidy up ide disk init/reinit. Add feature	(Andre Hedrick)
	register clear
o	Additional ide updates				(Andre Hedrick)

2.4.5-ac10
o	Fix xircom cardbus filter setup			(Ion Badulescu)
o	Dave Jones has moved				(Dave Jones)
o	Further Configure.help cleanup			(Eric Raymond)
o	Switch usb serial driver locking		(Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
o	Update IRDA Irnet protocol code			(Jean Tourrilhes)
o	Update ide-tape and osst drivers		(Willem Riede)
o	Add ethtool support to ne2k-pci			(Jeff Garzik)
o	Misc small network driver tweaks/cleanup	(Jeff Garzik)
o	Module description strings for net drivers	(Jeff Garzik)
o	Fix thread/unload race in reiserfs		(Nikita Danilov)
o	Fix a race in reiserfs_writepage		(Chris Mason)
o	Add prolific 2203 USB serial support		(Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
o	Update isdn maintainers				(Kai Germaschewski)
o	Add another USS720 device entry			(Steve Tell)
o	Reap dead swap cache pages			(Marcelo Tosatti)
o	Fix USB sign handling error			(Jochen Pernsteiner)
o	Update input driver docs			(Vojtech Pavlik)
o	Fix locking bug in hysdn			(Kai Germaschewski)
o	Fix hid parsing bug with feature reports	(Vojtech Pavlik)
o	Fix ataraid config.in bug			(Jim Wright)

2.4.5-ac9
o	Fix gameport link problems			(Vojtech Pavlik)
o	Fix an oops in the sg driver			(Tachino Nobuhiro)
o	Fix brlock indexing bug				(Takanori Kawano)
o	Add parport_pc_unregister_port			(Tim Waugh)
o	Configure.help updates				(Eric Raymond)
o	Fix xircom_cb problems with some cisco kit	(Ion Badulescu)
o	Fix tdfxfb cursor rendering bug			(Franz Melchior)
o	Add driver for the sony vaio i/o controller	(Stelian Pop,
				Junchi Morita, Takaya Kinjo, Andrew Tridgell)
o	Orinoco updates for symbol, intel, 3com cards	(Jean Tourrihles)
o	Use list_del_init in uhci driver		(Herbert Xu)
o	Fix a uhci SMP deadlock				(Herbert Xu)
o	Allow faster freeing of reisefs metadata	(Chris Mason)
o	Fix error path leaks in reiserfs		(Chris Mason,
							 Vladimir Saveliev)
o	Fix NFS problems triggered by 2.4.5 mmap change	(Trond Myklebust)
o	Resynchronize with m68k tree			(Jes Sorensen)
o	Add es1371 sound driver locking			(Frank Davis)
o	Fix a small error in the trident locking	(Frank Davis)

2.4.5-ac8
o	Fix sign handling bug in random sysctl		(me)
	| From Stanford tools
o	Add more idents to the NS558 driver		(Vojtech Pavlik)
o	Fix oops on some HID descriptor sets		(Vojtech Pavlik)
o	Fix reuse bug in UML net code + clean up	(Jeff Dike)
o	ES1370 driver locking				(Frank Davis)
o	Update init/main.c patch for umask		(Andrew Tridgell)
o	Fix uml fault race, and looping fault on 	(Jeff Dike)
	protection error
o	Update devices.txt				(H Peter Anvin)
o	Update the airo driver (fix pci pm oops.	(Jeff Garzik)
	spinlock abuse, delete after kfree, unchecked
	copies)
o	Remove old UML umn driver			(Jeff Dike)
o	Fix resource leaks and printk levels in isapnp	(Mike Borrelli)
o	Add new procfs programming documentation	(Erik Mouw)
o	Fix usb xconfig breakage		(Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
o	Replace accidentaly lost UP_APIC help		(Mikael Pettersson)
o	Olypmic driver update				(Mike Phillips)
o	Clean up LVM spelling, debug macros		(Andreas Dilger)
o	Make various bits of LVM static			(Andreas Dilger)
o	Make lvm_snapshot_use_rate its own function	(Andreas Dilger)
o	Make lvm_do_lv_create loop the right amount
o	Fix lvm stamping on a semaphore causing an oops
o	Fix lvm hardware block size handling		(Andrea Arcangeli)

2.4.5-ac7
o	UML cleanups					(Jeff Dike)
o	Trap invalid addresses in UML ethernet driver	(Jeff Dike)
o	Reimplment UML user space access		(Jeff Dike)
o	Add device node support to hostfs		(Jorgen Cederlof)
o	Fix hang if the UML net helper fails to run	(Jeff Dike)
o	Support setting time in UML kernels		(Livio Baldini Soares)
o	Move more non portable code out of UML core	(Jeff Dike)
o	Merge most of remaining UML ppc changes		(Chris Emerson)
o	Printk cleanups, remove one non portable	(James Stevenson)
o	Add speaker mixer support to the cmpci mixer	(Carlos Gorges)
o	Fix inittdata ordering in i2c docs	     (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
o	Add usb skeleton driver				(Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
o	Fix ns558 unload 				(Marcus Meissner)
o	Further cs46xx fixing				(Frank Davies)
o	S/390 updates from the IBM folks		(Martin Schwidefsky)
o	CS46xx pop/crackle fixes on IBM T20		(Thomas Woller)
o	Make USB require PCI				(me)
o	Tulip driver update				(Jeff Garzik)
o	Fix slip/slhc missing symbols problem		(Michael Guntsche)
o	IRDA updates					(Dag Brattli)
o	Add cs4232 isapnp probing			(Marcus Meissner)
o	Merge airo_cs driver		(Benjamin Reed, Javier Achirica,
							Jean Tourrilhes)
o	VIA workarounds for APIC IRQ routing		(Jeff Garzik)
o	Fix bootmem.c comment cut&paste accident	(Richard Urena)
o	Update LVM with new VG_CREATE ioctl (and 	(Joe Thornber)
	VG_CREATE_OLD for back compatibility)
o	Fix pv_t/lv_t confusion in lv_status_bydev_req	(Joe Thornber)
o	Lots of update/fixes for _lv_status_by* code	(Joe Thornber)
o	Add support for I2O IOP's requiring private	(me)
	resource spaces
o	Hopefully fix hid jerkiness			(Michael)

2.4.5-ac6
o	Fix the cs46xx right this time			(me)
o	Further FATfs cleanup				(OGAWA Hirofumi)
o	ISDN PPP code cleanup, cvs tag update		(Kai Germaschewski)
o	Large amount of UFS file system cleanup		(Al Viro)
o	Fix endianness problems in FATfs		(Petr Vandrovec)
o	Fix -ac quota crashes				(Jan Kara)
o	Fix bluetooth out of memory handling		(Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
o	Fix freevxfs readdir				(Christoph Hellwig)
o	Fix freevxfs sign/unsigned issues		(Christoph Hellwig)
o	Fix doctypos, other freevxfs cleanup		(Christoph Hellwig)
o	Fix flush_dirty_buffers warning			(J A Magallon)
o	Add Carlos Gorges to credits			(Carlos Gorges)
o	Further atm cleanup fixes (kmalloc/signedness)	(Mitchell Blank)
o	Fix hotplug variable in matroxfb		(Petr Vandrovec)
o	Fix ns558 crash					(Vojtech Pavlik)
o	Revert to Pete Zaitcev's khub locking		(Pete Zaitcev)
	| It works for me, Johannes changes don't seem to
o	Fix usb Config.in breakage for input devices	(Vojtech Pavlik)
o	Add another 3c509 ISAPnP id			(Marcus Meissner)
o	Fix oopses and null checks on iphase		(Mitchell Blank)
o	CS46xx update					(Thomas Woller)
o	Fix mmap cornercase				(Maciej Rozycki)
o	Tidy up aironet and saa9730 delay abuse	   (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
o	Force initial umask to be sane for broken	(Andrew Tridgell)
	init programs
o	Teach CML1 to strip out <file: > from the	(Eric Raymond)
	Configure.help
o	Resync with Eric's master Configure.help	(Eric Raymond)
o	Revert FIOQSIZE
o	Fix missing copy_*_user in cosa driver		(me)
	| From Stanford tools
o	Fix missing copy_*_user in eicon		(me)
	+ clean up ioctls a bit more
	| From Stanford tools
o	Fix use after free in lpbether			(me)
	| From Stanford tools
o	Fix missing return in rose_dev			(me)
	| From Stanford tools
o	Fix use after free in bpqether			(me)
	| From Stanford tools

2.4.5-ac5
o	Fix bug introduced in cs46xx/trident locking	(me)
o	Fix reiserfs unload/exit locking race		(Paul Mundt)
o	Miscellaneous small UML updates			(Jeff Dike)
o	Further FAT cleanups				(OGAWA Hirofumi)
o	Fix ext2fs oops following disk error		(Andreas Dilger)
o	Optimise segment reloads, syscall path		(Andi Kleen)
o	Clean up .byte abuse where asm is now known	(Brian Gerst)
	by required tools
o	Fix eepro100 on 64bit machine bitops bug	(Andrea Arcangeli)
o	Move the pagecache and pagemap_lru_lock to	(Andrea Arcangeli)
	different cache lines
o	Clean up .byte abuse where asm is now known	(Brian Gerst)
	by required tools
o	Fix user space dereference in bluetooth		(me)
	| From Stanford tools
o	Fix user space dereference in sbc60wdt		(me)
	| From Stanford tools
o	Fix user space dereference in mdc800		(me)
	| From Stanford tools
o	Fix a rather wrong memset in nubus.c		(Chris Peterson)
o	Remove fpu references from dmfe			(Arjan van de Ven)
o	Fix spelling of Portuguese			(Nerijus Baliunas)

2.4.5-ac4
o	APIC parsing updates				(Ingo Molnar)
o	Retry rather than losing I/O on an IDE DMA	(Jens Axboe)
	timeout.
o	Add missing locking to cs46xx			(Frank Davis)
o	Clean up sym53c416 and add PnP support		(me)
o	Tidy up changelog in apm.c			(Stephen Rothwell)
o	Update jffs2, remove abuse of kdev_t		(David Woodhouse)
o	Fix oops on unplugging bluetooth		(Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
o	Move stuff into bss on aironet4500		(Rasmus Andersen)
o	Fix up alpha oops output			(George France)
o	Update SysKonnect PCI id list			(Mirko Lindner)
o	Update SysKonnect GigE driver			(Mirko Lindner)
o	Add ATM DS3/OC12 definitions to atmdev.h	(Mitchell Blank)
o	Clean up atm drivers, fixed up user space	(Mitchell Blank,
	access with irqs off, kmalloc and use after	 John Levon)
	free.
o	Update input device/joystick/gameport drivers	(Vojtech Pavlik)
o	Update USB hid drivers				(Vojtech Pavlik)
o	Fix out of memory oops in hysdn			(Rasmus Andersen)
o	Belarussian should be Belarusian according to	(Nerijus Baliunas)
	the standards
o	Support booting off old 720K floppies		(Niels Jensen,
							 Chris Noe)

2.4.5-ac3
o	Ignore console writes from an IRQ handler	(me)
o	Make SIGBUS/SIGILL visible to UML debugger	(Jeff Dike)
o	Clean up UML syscalls add missing items		(Jeff Dike)
o	Clean up non portable UML code			(Jeff Dike)
o	Fix off by one and other oddments in hostfs	(Henrik Nordstrom)
o	Update UML to use CONFIG_SMP not __SMP__	(Jeff Dike)
o	Fix UML crash if console is typed at too early	(Jeff Dike)
o	Clean up UML host transports			(Lennert Buytenhek,
							 Jim Leu)
o	Resynchronize UML/ppc				(Chris Emerson)
o	Fix UML crash if it had an address space hole	(Jeff Dike)
	between text and data
o	Fix rd_ioctl crash with initrd			(Go Taniguchi)
o	Fix IRQ ack path on Alpha rawhide		(Richard Henderson)
o	Drop back to older 8139too driver from 2.4.3
	| Seems the new one causes lockups
o 	Experimental promise fastrak raid driver	(Arjan van de Ven)

2.4.5-ac2
o	Restore lock_kernel on umount			(Al Viro)
	| Should cure Reiserfs crash in 2.4.5
o	Fix additional scsi_ioctl leak			(John Martin)
o	Clean up scsi_ioctl error handling		(me)
o	Configure.help typo fixes			(Nerijus Baliunas)
o	Fix hgafb problems with logos			(Ferenc Bakonyi)
o	Fix lock problems in the rio driver		(Rasmus Andersen)
o	Make new cmpci SMP safe				(Carlos E Gorges)
o	Fix missing restore flags in soundmodem		(Rasmus Andersen)
o	Set max sectors in ps2esdi			(Paul Gortmaker)
o	Fix interrupt restore problems in mixcom	(Rasmus Andersen)
o	Fix alpha compile on dp264/generic		(Andrea Arcangeli)
o	Fix irda irport locking restores		(Rasmus Andersen)
o	Fix failed kmalloc handling in hisax		(Kai Germaschewski)
o	Add missing memory barrier in qlogicisp		(?)
o	Fix missing restore_flags in eata_dma		(Rasmus Andersen)
o	Fix procfs locking in irttp			(Rasmus Andersen)
o	Winbond updates					(Manfred Spraul)
o	Stop network eating PF_MEMALLOC ram		(Manfred Spraul)
o	Drop fs/buffer.c low mem flush changes		(me)
o	Drop changes to mm/highmem.c			(me)
	| I don't think the Linus one is quite right but its easier
	| for everyone to be working off one base
o	Revert GFP_FAIL and some other alloc bits	(me)
o	Hopefully fix initrd problem			(me)
o	Fix kmalloc check in ide-tape			(Rasmus Andersen)
o	Fix irda irtty locking				(Rasmus Andersen)
o	Fix missing irq restore in qla1280		(Rasmus Andersen)
o	Fix proc/pid/mem cross exec behaviour		(Arjan van de Ven)
o	Fix direct user space derefs in eicon		(me)
	| From Stanford checker
o	Fix direct user space derefs in ipddp		(me)
	| From Stanford checker
o	Fix direct user space derefs in ixj		(me)
	| From Stanford checker
o	Fix direct user space derefs in decnet		(me)
	| From Stanford checker

2.4.5-ac1
o	Merge Linus 2.4.5 tree

Summary of changes for Linux 2.4.5-ac versus Linus 2.4.5

o	Fix memory leak in wanrouter
o	Fix memory leak in wanmain
o	Use non atomic memory for linearising NFS buffers as they are
	done in task context
o	Fix dereference of freed memory in NetROM drivers
o	Fix writing to freed memory in ax25_ip
o	Support debugging of slab pools
o	NinjaSCSI pcmcia scsi driver
o	Raw HID device for USB peripheral buttons/controllers
o	Updated NTFS
o	RAMfs with resource limits
o	NMI watchdog available on uniprocessor x86
o	Update CMPCI drivers (not yet SMP safe)
o	Configurable max_map_count
o	Dynamic sysctl key registration
o	SE401 USB camera driver
o	Updated Zoran ZR3606x driver (replaces buz)
o	w9966 parallel port camera driver (partially merged with Linus)
o	Include headers in etags
o	Don't delete empty directories on make distclean
o	Fix halt/reboot handling on Alcor Alpha
o	IDE driver support for Etrax E100
o	IDE infrastructure support for IDE using non standard data transfers
o	Run ~/bin/installkernel if present
o	Support for out of order stores on x86 with this mode (IDT Winchip)
	- worth 20% performance on them
o	Configure level debugging menu
o	Make BUG() default to an oops only - saves 70K
o	Power management help for UP-APIC
o	Work around 440BX APIC hang (eg the ne2000 SMP hang)
o	Run time configurable APM behaviour (interrupts, psr etc)
o	Smarter DMI parser - handles multiple use of names
o	DMI layer has blacklist tables fixing Dell Inspiron 5000e crashes,
	PowerEdge reboot problems , and IBM laptop APM problems
o	PNPBios support
o	Fix atomicity of IRQ error count
o	Handle PCI/ISA boxes that don't list edge levels but have an ELCR
o	Don't erroneously mangle settings on all VIA bridges - cures the
	horrible performance problem in 2.4.5 vanilla with VIA
o	Fix bootmem corruption on x86 boot
o	Scan and retrieve multipliers for processors (not yet used to handle
	the SMP cases where we need to disable tsc use)
o	Support machine check on Athlon and Pentium
o	Fix SUS violation with signal stacks
o	Handle boxes where firmware resets the timer to 18Hz (this should
	now not show false positives)
o	Better OOPS formatting on x86
o	Fix nasty problems with interrupts being disabled for long periods
	in frame buffer drivers
o	PAE mode alignment assumption fixes
o	32bit UID clean quota
o	Fix quota deadlocks
o	Fix TLB shootdown races
o	Experimental merge of usermode Linux
o	Fix memory leaks and othe rproblems with the iphase driver
o	IBM AS/400 iSeries virtual drivers
o	DAC960 null pointer checks
o	CCISS driver leak fixes
o	MPT fusion drivers for scsi and networking
o	Handle out of memory allocating request queue entries and avoid oops
o	Free the initial ramdisk correctly
o	Small CD-ROM layer updates
o	AGP power management hooks
o	First basic applicom driver fixes
o	Fix copy_from_user with interrupts off in cyclades driver
o	Fix out of memory handling in DRM
o	Clean up dsp56K driver
o	Update generic serial driver with break support
o	Clean up h8 driver namespace
o	Fix keymap changing problems in console drivers
o	Fix locking in machzwd
o	Updated rio serial driver
o	A2232 driver
o	Fix serial driver mangling of some clone uarts
o	Handle xircom serial port setup delay bug
o	Updated sx driver for newer generic_serial
o	W83877F watchdog driver
o	ITE8172 IDE driver support
o	Q40/Q60 IDE support
o	Fix nodma handling bug in alim15x3
o	hpt366 DMA blacklist
o	IDE-CD updates
o	Updated IDE DMA blacklist
o	OOPS catch for sg reuse in IDE driver
o	Support formatting of IDE floppies
o	Support PIIX4U4 (851EM)
o	Enable second port on promise pseudo raid
o	Support nodma on pmac
o	Support more PCI irq sharing on IDE
o	IDE tape updates - DI-50 support,
o	Much updated VIA IDE support
o	video1394 updated to newer module API
o	Support write on the input event driver
o	Quieten mouse and keyboard input drivers
o	Fix compile problem with pc110pad
o	Fix memory leak in isdnppp
o	LVM updates
o	Fix plan b locking
o	Fix saa5249 locking
o	Fix stradis locking
o	Acenic driver updates
o	aironet4500 cleanups, probe tables
o	Ariadne updated to newer API
o	Don't limit mtu to 68+ in arlan drivers
o	Updated eepro100 driver
o	Fix potential crash on downing a bpqether port
o	Updated nsc-ircc driver
o	Updated toshoboe driver
o	Intel Panther LP486e ethernet driver
o	Remove erroneous check in eth_change_mtu
o	Alternative xircom_cb driver
o	Avoid ibm tr being rebuilt each make
o	Updated ibm token ring drivers
o	Add 'static' to bits of ppp code
o	Add pci probe table to roadrunner
o	Fix memory leak in sk_ge
o	sk_g16 updates
o	sk_mca updates
o	Add tools to generate starfire firmware
o	Synclink driver can be compiled in
o	Fix possible oops in lapbether
o	Fix memory leak in lanmedia driver
o	Fix SDLA_X25 warnings
o	Fix syncppp negotiation loop bug
o	GSC parallel port support
o	PCMCIA parallel port support
o	Support PnPBIOS probing for PC parallel ports
o	Fix leak in PCMCIA bulkmem driver
o	Fix leak in PCMCIA ds driver
o	Add more cards to the ti list for the yenta pcmcia
o	Updated 3ware scsi driver
o	NCR 53c700 and 53c700/66 driver core
o	Fix pci_enable/resource read order on buslogic
o	Updated NCR53c8xx driver
o	Updated SYM53c8xx driver
o	Fix NCR53c406 warnings
o	NCR dual MCA driver
o	AIC7xxx pci probe table for hotplug
o	Updated aic7xxx_old
o	Fix resource leaks in dec esp driver
o	Fix printk levels in dmx3191 driver
o	Allow per device max sector counts. (2.4 workaround until 2.5 does
	this in the block layer per device)
o	Support SCSI2/SCSI3 extended LUN numbering
o	Limit qlogicisp and qlogicpti to 64 sectors/write
o	Fix missing EFAULT return in scsi proc
o	Fix locking of scsi_unregister_host
o	Fix leaks in scsi_ioctl
o	Fix potential lost requests in scsi merges
o	Fix leak on write when scsi driver has no proc write op
o	Extend the scsi black/whitelist
o	Fix locking/eject/rescan on removable scsi disk media
o	Updated scsi generic driver
o	Updated scsi cdrom driver
o	Correct ac97 handling on sparc
o	Fix use after kfree in cs4281
o	Update ess solo to new PCI style and PM
o	Update maestro to new PCI style and PM
o	Add docking station support to maestro
o	Update sonicvies to new PCI api
o	Fix trident locking problems
o	Fix buzzing on ymfpci
o	Power management for ymfpci
o	Fix leak/missized copy on xjack driver
o	CDCEther driver
o	ACM driver with fixed CLOCAL
o	Updated USB audio drivers
o	Fix locking/reporting in USB device list
o	Allow dsbr100 to take a radio_nr option
o	HP5300 series USB scanner driver
o	Updated IBM cam driver
o	Fix USB inode locking
o	Driver for Kawasaki based USB ethernet
o	Small ov511 fixes
o	Updated USB storage drivers
o	Entries for Sony MSC-U01N memory stick, Fujifilm FinePix 1400Zoom,
	Casio QV Digial Camera
o	USB Ultracam driver
o	Fix derefence of freed memory in the USB code
o	Generic USB host->host drivers for anchorchip 2270, ipaq, netchip
	1080, and Prolific PL-2301/2
o	Updated ATI frame buffer drivers
o	Updated clgen and control frame buffer drivers
o	Updated cyber2000 driver
o	Documentation for fbcon driver
o	Additional modes for titanium powerbook (1152x768)
o	Updated matrxofb drivers
o	Support __setup in mdacon
o	Radeon console driver
o	Handle out of memory on sun3 fb
o	Updated tga/vesa fb
o	CMS file system (basic R/O)
o	JFFS journalling flash file system with compression
o	Updated AFFS file system
o	Threaded core dumps
o	Fix security holes in binfmt_misc
o	Allow flushing of low buffers only when we need bounce buffers
o	Use brelse in cramfs
o	Fix memory leaks in freevxfs
o	Updated isofs
o	Small lockd updates (experimental)
o	Fix nfs alignment funnies
o	Report correct SuS errors on some opens
o	Add generic_file_open to get 64bit stuff right
o	Locking on make_inode_number for procfs
o	Report shmem size in shared memory proc field
o	Fail lseek outside of allowed range for filesystem
o	Fix select race with fdset growth
o	Kernel message levels and handle oom on superblock/mount ops
o	Updated frame buffer logos
o	Prefetch support for AMD Athlon
o	Support out of order stores in spinlocks on x86
o	m68k bitop compile fixes
o	Add truncatepage op to address operations
o	shmem filesystem cleanups and updates
o	Fix off by one on real time pre-emption in scheduler
o	Use prefetches in scheduler and wakeups
o	Support GFP_FAIL to avoid highmem deadlocks

---
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Red Hat Kernel Hacker
& Linux 2.2 Maintainer                        Brainbench MVP for TCP/IP
http://www.linux.org.uk/diary                 http://www.brainbench.com