* 2.4.5 corruption (again)
@ 2001-06-19 13:52 Larry McVoy
From: Larry McVoy @ 2001-06-19 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, viro

OK, my corruption is back and this time I'm saving the data.  Al, send some
email when you are around, we can talk about access to the data.  I'm tarring
up both good & bad right now.  I've looked at a few files and they look
"shifted".

	extra junk
	original file less sizeof(extra junk) bytes

The machine has been up 6 days since the last corruption happened and the
process which detected the corruption ran successfully every night as well
as about 4 times by hand after my last corroption report.

* Re: 2.4.5 corruption (again)
@ 2001-06-19 19:20 ` Alexander Viro
From: Alexander Viro @ 2001-06-19 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry McVoy; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Larry McVoy wrote:

> OK, my corruption is back and this time I'm saving the data.  Al, send some
> email when you are around, we can talk about access to the data.  I'm tarring

Doing that.

> up both good & bad right now.  I've looked at a few files and they look
> "shifted".
>
> 	extra junk
> 	original file less sizeof(extra junk) bytes
>
> The machine has been up 6 days since the last corruption happened and the
> process which detected the corruption ran successfully every night as well
> as about 4 times by hand after my last corroption report.

Lovely. Are these files longer than 4Kb, BTW?