From: Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org>
To: Craig Lyons <craigl@promise.com>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Eye2Eye a hope for Promise to Join Linux
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:42:47 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Greetings Craig,

I would like to publicly thank you for coming to the table of GNU/GPL with
an open perspective.  After 90 minutes on the phone, of which 45 minutes
were me pointing out issues promblems and complaints w/ 20 minutes on ways
to work on solutions in the near and distant future and the listening to
your concerns and questions between my moments of interruption.

The next conversion will not have the burst-in moments because it will be
in person or my cell battery will be fully charged.

Since you have stated "I will not make promise, I can not keep" this is a
good thing and it will go a fair way to clean up messes from the past on
both sides.

I look forward to Promise working with Linux in meaningful and productive
ways.

Please reply and correct anything that is mistated by me or verify the
correctness.  This will show an action of good-faith before all those
watching here.

Respectfully,

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development