From: James Simmons <jsimmons@transvirtual.com>
To: =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Ren=E9_Rebe?= <rene.rebe@gmx.net>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, ademar@conectiva.com.br,
	rolf@sir-wum.de, linux-fbdev-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: sis630 - help needed debugging in the kernel
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 07:03:55 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

> > > You can do one of two things. Post both System.map and the complete oops
> > > or you can run ksymoops on the oops. I can find the problem then. Thanks.
> >
> > ksymoops' output is attached.
>
> Is there any result with this trace??

Yes. It oops in fbcon_cfb8_putc. I haven't figured out yet what exactly
caused it. I don't have this card to play with :-( Did you run the other
test I suggested. Try booting at 640x480 with a color depth of 32. Then
try booting at a different resolution (1024x768) at the default color
depth. I want to see if its a error with the resolution setting or if it
is a error with setting up the data relating to the color depth handling.
The results should give me some clue.