* Re: 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-08-31  5:50 ` Steve Kieu
From: Steve Kieu @ 2001-08-31  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel

 --- Jeremiah Johnson <miah@netcis.com> wrote: >

> -
> "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> More majordomo info at

=====
S.KIEU

http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
- Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!

* 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-08-31  6:20 Jeremiah Johnson
From: Jeremiah Johnson @ 2001-08-31  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

* Re[2]: 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-08-31 15:46   ` Jeremiah Johnson
From: Jeremiah Johnson @ 2001-08-31 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Kieu; +Cc: linux-kernel

* Re: 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-08-31 18:34     ` J Sloan
From: J Sloan @ 2001-08-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremiah Johnson; +Cc: Steve Kieu, linux-kernel

Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

> Well considering the only thing I changed in my configuration is the
> kernel, I think its a problem there.  Went from 2.4.3-ac? to 2.4.9.
> System is RedHat 7.1.. Maybe it has something to do with RedHats
> inclusion of a broken compiler

Please don't trot out that tired old FUD again -
it just makes you look really silly...

I'm running 2.4.9 and 2.4.10-pre on a number
of Red Hat 7.1 boxes and nfs works fine, even
rwhod across a vpn is working fine.

cu

jjs

* Re: 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-09-01 10:32 ` Matthias Andree
From: Matthias Andree @ 2001-09-01 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremiah Johnson; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

>   I am having very strange problems with 2.4.9 and UDP.  Basically,
>   anything using UDP wont work.  Anything using TCP/ICMP works fine.

NTP (which relies on UDP traffic to port #123) works fine here with
2.4.9. Check your packet filter setup, please.

* Re: Re[2]: 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-09-03  2:25     ` volodya
From: volodya @ 2001-09-03  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremiah Johnson; +Cc: Steve Kieu, linux-kernel

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

> -

* Re[4]: 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-09-05  2:19       ` Jeremiah Johnson
From: Jeremiah Johnson @ 2001-09-05  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: volodya; +Cc: linux-kernel

* Re: Re[4]: 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-09-05  3:54         ` volodya
From: volodya @ 2001-09-05  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremiah Johnson; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

* Re: Re[4]: 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-09-05 14:15           ` Jeremiah Johnson
From: Jeremiah Johnson @ 2001-09-05 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: volodya; +Cc: linux-kernel

Ironically, the latest "stable" version of the tulip driver on:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tulip is older than whats in 2.4.9.  I'm
willing to bet the latest "devel" is older too (they're dated June
15(devel), and February 19(stable).

-miah

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 volodya@mindspring.com wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

> > Hello volodya,
> >
> > I found the answer to the problem today.  It has to do with a bug in
> > one of these options:
> >
> > CONFIG_TULIP_MWI
> > CONFIG_TULIP_MMIO
>
> Hmm, interesting. I'll check the latest version of tulip (as well as the
> one on Donald Becker's website). Did you try them out already ?
>
>                           Vladimir Dergachev

* Re: Re[4]: 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-09-05 20:28         ` volodya
From: volodya @ 2001-09-05 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremiah Johnson; +Cc: linux-kernel, Jeff Garzik

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

* Re: Re[6]: 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-09-07 17:32             ` volodya
From: volodya @ 2001-09-07 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremiah Johnson; +Cc: linux-kernel, Jeff Garzik

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

> Hello volodya,
>
> If I enable both of these options though, UDP totally breaks for me.
> So its definitely something in there.  Maybe I'll get some time and
> test to see which option is actually doing the breaking.

After some testing: 2.4.6 and 2.4.8 require both of these options be
disabled. 2.4.9 wants them enabled.

Furthemore: after I turned on these option on the only 2.4.9 kernel I
currently have I was able to ping all machines on the network (and they
were able to ping each other). However, before (when options were turned
off) none of the machines on the network could ping each other with
packets of size 6000, though I could see them with tcpdump.

<whine>
tulip worked so great earlier, why mess with it ?
</whine>

                         Vladimir Dergachev

> Wednesday, September 05, 2001, 1:28:39 PM, you wrote:
>
> vmc> On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

> -

* Re[6]: 2.4.9 UDP broke?
@ 2001-09-07 17:34           ` Jeremiah Johnson
From: Jeremiah Johnson @ 2001-09-07 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)