* Ext3 kernel RPMS (2.4.5 & 2.2.19)
@ 2001-06-08 21:23 Peter J. Braam
From: Peter J. Braam @ 2001-06-08 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

Mostly for my own use, I prepared two kernel RPM's with Ext3 in them.

They are totally basic:  kernel + ext3 patch, config based on Red Hat
i386-smp config files.  They include an RPM for e2fsprogs based on
Stephen's code.

I am running them (very) happily.

Versions:
2.2.19 + 0.0.7a
2.4.5  + 0.0.6

PLEASE USE THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK - THEY CONTAIN EXPERIMENTAL FILE SYSTEM
CODE.

The RPMS's can be found at:

ftp://ftp.clusterfilesystem.com/pub/ext3

Have a good day!

- Peter J. Braam -
http://www.clusterfilesystem.com

* Re: Ext3 kernel RPMS (2.4.5 & 2.2.19)
@ 2001-06-09 16:15 ` P.A.M. van Dam
From: P.A.M. van Dam @ 2001-06-09 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter J. Braam; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 03:23:16PM -0600, Peter J. Braam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mostly for my own use, I prepared two kernel RPM's with Ext3 in them.
>
> Versions:
> 2.2.19 + 0.0.7a
> 2.4.5  + 0.0.6
>
> PLEASE USE THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK - THEY CONTAIN EXPERIMENTAL FILE SYSTEM
> CODE.
> - Peter J. Braam -
> http://www.clusterfilesystem.com

Ext3 for 2.4 kernels. Great. It's probably been asked before, but where can I
find the ext3 patch for the 2.4 kernels?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

	Pascal

> -

* Re: Ext3 kernel RPMS (2.4.5 & 2.2.19)
@ 2001-06-09 16:24   ` Andrew Morton
From: Andrew Morton @ 2001-06-09 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: P.A.M. van Dam; +Cc: Peter J. Braam, linux-kernel

"P.A.M. van Dam" wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 03:23:16PM -0600, Peter J. Braam wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Mostly for my own use, I prepared two kernel RPM's with Ext3 in them.
> >
> > Versions:
> > 2.2.19 + 0.0.7a
> > 2.4.5  + 0.0.6
> >
> > PLEASE USE THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK - THEY CONTAIN EXPERIMENTAL FILE SYSTEM
> > CODE.
> > - Peter J. Braam -
> > http://www.clusterfilesystem.com
>
> Ext3 for 2.4 kernels. Great. It's probably been asked before, but where can I
> find the ext3 patch for the 2.4 kernels?

All the details are at http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/ext3/

Current status is "pretty solid".  Performance is good.
It's basically untested against LVM and RAID.  It can
deadlock under heavy load if you're using quotas.

Avoid those things and you shouldn't have any problems.

Porting it (back) over to -ac and fixing up the quota
problems is basically the next activity on the list.

-

* Re: Ext3 kernel RPMS (2.4.5 & 2.2.19)
@ 2001-06-09 19:39   ` Peter J. Braam
From: Peter J. Braam @ 2001-06-09 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: P.A.M. van Dam; +Cc: linux-kernel

Go to gkernel on sourceforge or to Andrew Morton's WWW site: