From: Kai Germaschewski <kai@tp1.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To: Boenisch Joerg <joerg.boenisch@siemens.at>
Cc: "Linux-Kernel (E-Mail)" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: AVM A1 pcmcia, kernel 2.4.5-ac11 problem
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:40:20 +0200 (CEST)	[thread overview]

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Boenisch Joerg wrote:

> I hope not to be off topic! (In that case could you tell me where to ask?)

You can try isdn4linux@listserv.isdn4linux.de or the newsgroup
de.alt.comm.isdn4linux.de, but I can't guarantee success there, either.

> Kernel of course is compiled with ISDN support and low-level AVM-A1-PCMCIA.
> After installation in /lib/modules hisax.o can be found, but not avma1_cs.o

> cardmgr[1070]: module /lib/modules/2.4.5-ac11/pcmcia/avma1_cs.o not
> available

The problem is obviously that you're lacking the avma1_cs.o module. I
believe it was distributed separately and not included in the kernel tree
/ pcmcia-cs. If you want to go look for it, try linux-pcmcia on
sourceforge.net, or your favorite web search engine.

If you dig it up somewhere and get it working with 2.4.5, it would be nice
if you let me know. We can then work together to integrate it into the
kernel tree - I can't do it myself, because I don't have the card.

--Kai