From: Karel Gardas <kgardas@objectsecurity.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [BUG] apm resume hangs on IBM T22 with 2.4.19 (harddrive sleeps forever)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:31:40 +0200 (CEST)	[thread overview]

> I have a similar problem with a ALi M5229 but only with dma enabled. if
> it suspends with dma enabled, when it resumes I got dma timeouts until
> it give up and disable dma. after this I can't enable dma anymore. I
> guess implementing resume() of alim15x3 to reconfigure chipset will
> solve this. any sugestions/comments?

Yep! That's right! When I disabled DMA on hd, two 'broken' kernels were
able to wake up it - 2.4.19pre4 and 2.4.20pre10. So IMHO problem is
solved. I'm just curious what changed in 2.4.19pre3-4 that it caused this
problem and at the second I have classical i440BX + PIIX4 ide.

Anyway, thanks a lot,

Cheers,

Karel
--