* [CFT] Clean up yenta_socket
@ 2003-08-17 14:34 Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2003-08-17 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel List; +Cc: linux-pcmcia

Patch set:

	http://patches.arm.linux.org.uk/pcmcia/yenta-20030817*

	The tar file contains all patches.

This is a patch set aimed to cleaning up the yenta controller quirks,
working around some of the warts which have appeared (eg, overwriting
of yenta_operations init pointer.) and adding better power management
support.

Unfortunately, since my laptop continues to have an argument with the
2.6 kernel APM, I am unable to properly test the suspend/hibernate/resume
functionality.

yenta-20030817-1-zv.diff

	Use #defined constants for TI ZV initialisation

yenta-20030817-2-override.diff

	Clean up yenta overrides - move the quirks to the main
	PCI ID table, and list the quirks by type.

yenta-20030817-3-sockinit.diff

	Move socket initialisation to the quirk table.

yenta-20030817-4-pm.diff

	Add per-quirk power management (to aid saving/restoring
	controller specific state.)  Also, add proper pci state
	saving/restoring.  Note that Cardbus bridges have to
	save and restore at least 0x48 bytes of configuration
	space, not 0x40.  WIBNI pci_save_state/pci_restore_state
	took "start, length" parameters...

yenta-20030817-5-pm2.diff

	Remove PM restore from socket initialisation; less reason
	for socket initialisation to vary between controller types
	now.  In fact, we could very well get rid of much of the
	TI-specific socket initialisation quirk handling, since
	TI realised that they should be more compatible with other
	implementations in later versions of their bridges.

yenta-20030817-6-init.diff

	Move re-initialisation from the socket init/resume paths to
	where it belongs - the main initialisation path.

yenta-20030817-7-quirks.diff

	Move more controllers to the more advanced quirks.

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux

* Re: [CFT] Clean up yenta_socket
@ 2003-08-19  2:31 ` Thomas Molina
From: Thomas Molina @ 2003-08-19  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell King; +Cc: Linux Kernel List, linux-pcmcia

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Russell King wrote:

> Patch set:
>
> 	http://patches.arm.linux.org.uk/pcmcia/yenta-20030817*
>
> 	The tar file contains all patches.
>
> This is a patch set aimed to cleaning up the yenta controller quirks,
> working around some of the warts which have appeared (eg, overwriting
> of yenta_operations init pointer.) and adding better power management
> support.
>
> Unfortunately, since my laptop continues to have an argument with the
> 2.6 kernel APM, I am unable to properly test the suspend/hibernate/resume
> functionality.

I applied the patchset to 2.6.0-test3-mm2 and compiled.  Other than some
extra lines in dmesg output no user observable change in behaviour was
noted.  In other words I couldn't see any differences between using this
patchset and using stock yenta code.

Never having used the suspend/hibernate/resume on my laptop I could
neither test nor comment on that aspect.  Sorry about that.

My laptop is a Presario 12XL325 and I use an SMC 2632W wireless ethernet
adapter in the PCMCIA slot.

* Re: [CFT] Clean up yenta_socket
@ 2003-08-19 11:42   ` Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2003-08-19 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Molina; +Cc: Linux Kernel List, linux-pcmcia

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 09:31:20PM -0500, Thomas Molina wrote:
> My laptop is a Presario 12XL325 and I use an SMC 2632W wireless ethernet
> adapter in the PCMCIA slot.

Thanks.  However, it'd help to know the type of your cardbus controller.

--

@ 2003-08-19 21:43     ` Thomas Molina
From: Thomas Molina @ 2003-08-19 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell King; +Cc: Linux Kernel List, linux-pcmcia

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Russell King wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 09:31:20PM -0500, Thomas Molina wrote:
> > My laptop is a Presario 12XL325 and I use an SMC 2632W wireless ethernet
> > adapter in the PCMCIA slot.
>
> Thanks.  However, it'd help to know the type of your cardbus controller.

here is the lspci output for the cardbus controller on my laptop:

00:0a.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1410 PC card Cardbus
Controller (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation: Unknown device b103
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Latency: 168, cache line size 04
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
        Region 0: Memory at 10000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=05, sec-latency=176
        Memory window 0: 10400000-107ff000 (prefetchable)
        Memory window 1: 10800000-10bff000
        I/O window 0: 00004000-000040ff
        I/O window 1: 00004400-000044ff
        BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- ISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset+ 16bInt+
PostWrite+
        16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

Following is the relevant dmesg output during bootup for 2.6.0-test3-mm2
with your patchset applied

PCI: Assigned IRQ 9 for device 0000:00:0a.0
Yenta: CardBus bridge found at 0000:00:0a.0 [0e11:b103]
Yenta: Using CSCINT to route CSC interrupts to PCI
Yenta: Routing CardBus interrupts to PCI
Yenta: ISA IRQ list 0018, PCI irq9
Socket status: 30000010
cs: IO port probe 0x0c00-0x0cff: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0x0100-0x04ff: excluding 0x200-0x207 0x220-0x22f
0x378-0x37f 0x388-0x38f 0x4d0-0x4d7
cs: IO port probe 0x0a00-0x0aff: clean.
cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: clean.
orinoco.c 0.13e (David Gibson <hermes@gibson.dropbear.id.au> and others)
orinoco_cs.c 0.13e (David Gibson <hermes@gibson.dropbear.id.au> and
others)
eth0: Station identity 001f:0003:0000:0008
eth0: Looks like an Intersil firmware version 0.8.3
eth0: Ad-hoc demo mode supported
eth0: IEEE standard IBSS ad-hoc mode supported
eth0: WEP supported, 104-bit key
eth0: MAC address 00:04:E2:2A:29:58
eth0: Station name "Prism  I"
eth0: ready
eth0: index 0x01: Vcc 5.0, irq 3, io 0x0100-0x013f

* Re: [CFT] Clean up yenta_socket
@ 2003-08-17 16:02 Daniel Ritz
From: Daniel Ritz @ 2003-08-17 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell King, linux-pcmcia, linux-kernel

applied the patches...seems to work fine. no problems on boot,
eject/insert, suspend/resume with APM also works fine.
some system info:
- toshiba tecra 8000 laptop, 440BX chipset
- toshiba ToPIC97 CardBus controller
- Xircom CE3B 16-bit PCMCIA network card.

rgds
-daniel