From: James Simmons <jsimmons@infradead.org>
To: Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>
Cc: Linux Fbdev development list
	<linux-fbdev-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>,
Subject: Re: [FBDEV UPDATE] Newer patch.
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:38:46 +0000 (GMT)	[thread overview]

> I noticed one thing, and that is that the mach64 used to use software
> cursor it seems (I remember wondering why atyfb_cursor was never used
> anywhere). It's now using the hw cursor.

Yeap. I'm in the process of getting several driver to use there hardware
cursors.

> Also, I notice with this new code that the random vertical shifting of
> the console doesn't occur anymore like it does with current 2.6.0-test8
> code. For as long as I can remember 2.6.0-test, and way back into
> 2.5.5x, this has been a problem with highly active console programs
> (mutt, vim, etc...). Good to see it's going away :)

:-)

I have fixed the problems you have reported. I have a newer patch. Note
this is updated with the LCD support. I like to see if the patch works on
sparc. I has updates from the latest 2.4.X kernels. Please give it a try.

http://phoenix.infradead.org/~jsimmons/fbdev.diff.gz

Let me know the results.