From: James Bourne <jbourne@hardrock.org>
To: Yaroslav Klyukin <skintwin@mail.ru>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: HyperThreading with 2.4.23 and Dual Intel Xenon
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:36:02 -0700 (MST)	[thread overview]

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Yaroslav Klyukin wrote:

> Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> >>we compiled 2.4.23 for 2 cpus but we don't get Hyperthreading working.
> >>with 2.4.20 and the machine, it work without probs.
> >>
> >>Any ideas?
>
> Maybe you need to enable ACPI.

Hi,
There has also been an issue identified where HT will not be detected
correctly with 2.4.23 unless you apply a patch or set your number of CPUs to
8 instead of 2...

Please try the patch at
http://www.hardrock.org/kernel/current-updates/linux-2.4.23-updates.patch

as it contains this as well as other fixes.

Regards
James

--
James Bourne                  | Email:            jbourne@hardrock.org