From: William Gallafent <william.gallafent@virgin.net>
To: Roger Luethi <rl@hellgate.ch>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: APIC support prevents power off
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:16:20 +0100 (BST)	[thread overview]

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Roger Luethi wrote:

> I tend not to touch the BIOS unless I have reason to believe an update will
> fix an actual problem.

FWIW, Updating the BIOS on my Tyan Tiger MP did sort out some (I *think* APIC
related) problems I had with a PCI ethernet card under 2.4.18. I agree with
your `if it ain't broke don't fix it' approach in general, but in this case
updating the BIOS fixed for me a problem that I had not attributed to it!

--
Bill Gallafent.