* BusLogic scsi crash.
@ 2003-12-05 23:48 Nathaniel W. Filardo
From: Nathaniel W. Filardo @ 2003-12-05 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi all,

I get
"kernel panic: scsi_free: Bad offset
In interrupt handler: not syncing"
and a deadlock with a 2.4.23 kernel on a SMP (Dual Pentium II) machine.
I'm using a BusLogic card and the only communication on the SCSI bus is
to a CD jukebox with one CD mounted (crash observed with many, too, but
X was running at the time so I don't know if the message was different).

About thirty seconds before crashing the SCSI bus attemted a reset
(apparently successfully, though no more data flow was observed).  During
this reset the system was utterly unresponsive for two seconds before
resuming seemingly normal operations - this same two second lag is
observed at module load (BusLogic) time.

What more information would be useful to fixing this problem?

Thanks.
--nwf;

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-12-05 23:48 UTC | newest]