From: Mike Gorse <mgorse@mgorse.dhs.org>
To: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Cc: Maneesh Soni <maneesh@in.ibm.com>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, mochel@digitalimplant.org
Subject: Re: Oops w/sysfs when closing a disconnected usb serial device
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 21:16:12 -0500 (EST)	[thread overview]

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Greg KH wrote:

> Try the patch below.  With your sysfs patch I don't get any oopses
> anymore.  I still need to beat on this patch a lot more before I think
> it solves all of the current issues.  Can you let me know if it works
> for you or not?

I tried it briefly, and it made no difference with the issue I am having.
When disconnecting the gps receiver with a fd still open on it, it still
gives an oops on closing it without the sysfs patch.  The sysfs patch
eliminates the oops, but I wasn't getting an oops without your patch if I
include the sysfs patch.  Anyway, I have over 200k of debugging output, so
I'll send it to you off list.

Thanks,
-Mike G