From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: 2.6.17.[1-6] XFS Filesystem Corruption, Where is 2.6.17.7?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:29:48 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

Beginning at 2.6.17 to 2.6.17.6, there is a serious XFS bug that results
in filesystem corruption, there was a 1 line bugfix patch that was
released recently and I was wondering when 2.6.17.7 would be released with
that patch?  It affected ALL my Linux machines (x86) running XFS and many
people on the XFS mailing list who upgraded to 2.6.17.  I understand when
there is a root exploit or DoS bug, the kernel is naturally patched by the
-stable team and a new version is released immediately.  Does filesystem
corruption not constitute an immediate new -stable release of the kernel?