* [KernelServer] Complete page : samples, patchs ...
@ 2003-07-24  9:30 ffrederick
From: ffrederick @ 2003-07-24  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi!

    I had so many feedback for KernelServer that I decided to make a small page with screenshots, download, patchs :

All is available from here:
http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/ks.html

Regards,
Fabian

___________________________________

* RE: [KernelServer] Complete page : samples, patchs ...
@ 2003-07-24  9:45 Frederick, Fabian
From: Frederick, Fabian @ 2003-07-24  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alexander.riesen; +Cc: linux-kernel

Frederick, Fabian, Thu, Jul 24, 2003 11:27:49 +0200:
> Alexander,
>
> 	Indeed, html 'screenshot' page is just a copy of one of the pages
> generated by KernelServer.So you have the idea of what it looks like in
> _real_ (I'll add a notice thanks :) ).
>
> 	You have to run KS on your box to have the full server running !
> with hundred menus and 2000 configs online.

just noticed :)

<IMHO, it's _very_ helpful in some cases:
<	-You have a server without X, gtk ....
<	-You don't have lib curses ...
<	-You're bored by console
<	-You want to amaze your friends :)
<It runs in just one 20K file directly in kernel tree.
<I never seen a box running without Perl, so ...
<In general, it's a new face lift.Linux needs this one IMHO.
<btw, it uses Kconfig standard, so nothing, really nothing more
<is needed than wconf.pl

<Once more the link to it :

@ 2003-07-24  9:27 Frederick, Fabian