On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 12:28:23PM +0100, Greg KH wrote: > In an ideal world, all maintainers would properly mark their patches for > stable backporting (as documented for the past 15+ years, with a cc: > stable tag, NOT a Fixes: tag), but we do not live in that world, and > hence, the need for the AUTOSEL work. Just as a datapoint here: I stopped making any effort to copy stable on things due to AUTOSEL, it's pulling back so much more than I would consider for stable that it no longer seems worthwhile to try to make decisions about what might fit.