On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 03:52:59PM -0500, Johannes Weiner wrote: > It's possible, but I don't think worth the trouble. You're right. I gave it a deeper look and what would be saved on data, would be paid in code complexity. > In this case, we're talking about a relatively small data structure > and the overhead is per mountpoint. IIUC, it is per each mountpoint's number of cgroups. But I still accept the argument above. Furthermore, this can be changed later. > The default root group has statically preallocated percpu data before > and after this patch. See cgroup.c: I stand corrected, the comment is still valid. Therefore, Reviewed-by: Michal Koutný