On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 03:27:41PM +0200, Clemens Gruber wrote: > Add the flag and corresponding documentation for PWM_USAGE_POWER. > > Cc: Rob Herring > Signed-off-by: Clemens Gruber > --- > Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/pwm.txt | 3 +++ > include/dt-bindings/pwm/pwm.h | 1 + > 2 files changed, 4 insertions(+) Rob, what are your thoughts on this? I've been thinking about this some more and I'm having second thoughts about putting this into device tree because it doesn't actually describe a property of the PWM hardware but rather a use-case specific hint. It's a bit of a gray area because this is just part of the PWM specifier which already has use-case specific "configuration", such as the period and the polarity. Perhaps a better place for this is within the PWM API? We could add the same information into struct pwm_state and then consumers that don't care about specifics of the signal (such as pwm-backlight) can set that flag when they request a state to be applied. Thierry