On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 01:50:07AM +0000, Krishna Yarlagadda wrote: > > That said frankly I'd expect this handling of ACPI reset to be pushed into the > > reset code, it's obviously not good to be open coding this in drivers when this > > looks like it's completely generic to any ACPI object so shouldn't be being > > open coded in individual driers especially with the ifdefery. Shouldn't the > > reset API be able to figure out that an object with _RST has a reset control > > and provide access to it through the reset API? > Common reset apis are not handling _RST. Each driver is implementing > _RST method in ACPI and calling from drivers. I can see that. What I'm saying is that this seems bad and we should instead be implementing this in common code.