* "PCI/MSI: Mask MSI-X vectors only on success" (boot problem on c4.large)
@ 2022-01-07 17:32 Andrea Righi
From: Andrea Righi @ 2022-01-07 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Roese
  Cc: Thomas Gleixner, Bjorn Helgaas, Michal Simek, Marek Vasut,
	linux-pci, linux-kernel

Hi Stefan,

I'm experiencing some boot problems on c4.large instances on AWS with
this commit applied (system stuck at boot - no oops or panic, just
stuck):

 83dbf898a2d4 ("PCI/MSI: Mask MSI-X vectors only on success")

If I revert this commit the boot completes correctly (found doing a
bisect).

I'm using a 5.15.12 kernel. Let me know if there's anything I can do to
better track down the issue. For now I've just reverted the commit.

Thanks,
-Andrea

* Re: "PCI/MSI: Mask MSI-X vectors only on success" (boot problem on c4.large)
@ 2022-01-10  8:10 ` Stefan Roese
From: Stefan Roese @ 2022-01-10  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Righi
  Cc: Thomas Gleixner, Bjorn Helgaas, Michal Simek, Marek Vasut,
	linux-pci, linux-kernel

Hi Andrea,

On 1/7/22 18:32, Andrea Righi wrote:
> I'm experiencing some boot problems on c4.large instances on AWS with
> this commit applied (system stuck at boot - no oops or panic, just
> stuck):
>
>   83dbf898a2d4 ("PCI/MSI: Mask MSI-X vectors only on success")
>
> If I revert this commit the boot completes correctly (found doing a
> bisect).
>
> I'm using a 5.15.12 kernel. Let me know if there's anything I can do to
> better track down the issue. For now I've just reverted the commit.

Sorry, I don't have a good idea what might go wrong here. Perhaps Thomas
has some thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Stefan