On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 09:49:04AM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote: > On Fri, 13 May 2022 15:40:57 +0200, > Siddh Raman Pant wrote: > > This allows for potentially better machine-parsing due to an > > expected / fixed format. Also because of eyecandy reasons. > > Whenever possible, errors will start with the name of the > > offending card/control, separated by the error with colons. > > Whenever there is a description of an error given, the generated > > error string from snd_strerror will be (mostly) enclosed in > > parentheses at the end. > > Clarity of error messages have been (hopefully) improved. > But, honestly speaking, I'm not sure whether it worth. > Although it's possibly a bit more consistent over all texts, I > don't see significant improvement by this change. > But I'm fine to apply it, so keep this pending and would like to > hear from others. Some of it is probably fine but there's a lot of different changes for a lot of different styles in here, not all of which look great to me.